Menu

Weight Loss Brag :)

I just wanted to share my good news.

My daughter and I started Curves on December 13th. I started a 30 day diet on Dec 28th. Otherwise, I've eaten normally (which generally means good for over half but eating out way too often). We didn't do Curves enough but I did do a little exercising at home.

Anyway, so grand total (I got my measurement sheet at Curves this morning):

I've lost 20 pounds and 16.5 inches! party.gif

I was really hoping to get under 200 but it'll happen soon enough.

What do you mean 16.5 inches? Or is that a combined amount b/c I'm trying to imagine someone losing 16.5 inches in the waist.

It's combined....They check a handful of places (waist, hip, thigh, bust, arm). My biggest loss is in my waist. I wish it were the pooch!

As someone who uses my health as an excuse, I am very impressed!

Thank you. I am HUGE on personal responsibility. I *do* have more hurdles than most people (as do you!), but fact is that I *can* do some. I can't exercise daily. There are times I can't for a week. And I have times of day that works better for me (I crash pretty early in the day). So my health is a reason it is tougher for me; I fight the tendancy of letting it become an excuse. Sometimes I win :)

BTW, it was also MUCH harder when my kids were little. They took so much energy and such. But now they are a support in and of themselves. My daughter goes to Curves with me. My son exercises (video) daily. We all eat together for each meal. There is just a HUGE difference in having a built in support group vs having littles.

Just keep your chin up :)

Thank you. I am HUGE on personal responsibility. I *do* have more hurdles than most people (as do you!), but fact is that I *can* do some. I can't exercise daily. There are times I can't for a week. And I have times of day that works better for me (I crash pretty early in the day). So my health is a reason it is tougher for me; I fight the tendancy of letting it become an excuse. Sometimes I win :)

BTW, it was also MUCH harder when my kids were little. They took so much energy and such. But now they are a support in and of themselves. My daughter goes to Curves with me. My son exercises (video) daily. We all eat together for each meal. There is just a HUGE difference in having a built in support group vs having littles.

Just keep your chin up :)

Thank you for being encouraging. For me the opposite is true. If I try to do a workout before 1-2 pm, I can do way less with more pain than if I try to do it later. I wake up very stiff and hardly able to move.