Menu

What do I want to read?

For the last couple of weeks, I'm finding it very difficult to settle into reading much of anything. And, for me, that's a huge weirdness. I'm busy and a bit stressed about some stuff, but not significantly more than normal. And it's not that I don't want to read, just that nothing seems all that interesting.

It's kind of like being very hungry but really in the mood for some specific food that you can't get. Like if all you can get is Chinese but you really want Indian.

So, my problem is that everything feels like Chinese food. And it may even be really great Chinese food, but I want Indian.

Here's what I want: It must be well written. I don't care for anything "fluffy." However, it cannot be too sad or depressing. I have a limited tolerance for mysteries (except for those by certain authors, sometimes) and have been "off" fantasy and SF for a long time. I like non-fiction if it's not too "scholarly." Ditto with biographies. I love books I can lose myself in . . . except that my lifestyle these days dictates that I often read in 15-minute chunks.

So, that should be easy, right?

Help?

I just finished The Book of Vice: Very Naughty Things (and How to Do Them) by Peter Sagal. I found it an enjoyable book and intriguing. (I would not recommend it for anyone who is conservative.)

Regards,

Kareni

Oh, thanks for the review. I love listening to Peter Sagal on Wait, Wait.... I wondered if this would be a good book! I'm adding it to my 'to read' list. :001_smile: