Menu

Do your kids ever let you know how much they enjoy being taught at home?

I didn't mean homeschooling exclusively , but learning in general. Mine beg to learn when they are little. E is so thrilled with every new discovery he actually thanks me. If I had sent him to preschool I am sure that he would think the teacher was the most wonderful person on earth if she shared all this info with him. (I never considered this option because why would I want to miss this?) My older students love it when I share a "math trick" with them or explain a phrase. It is so much fun teaching students that are (most of the time) happy to soak up learning.

YES!! But not until they graduate from our homeschool. My dd's are so happy I was such a hard@ass with them and made them do their work...(UMMMM most of the time.) I also let them take "snowdays" when we had beautiful weather and spend their childhood playing in our woods, exploring nature and becoming self sufficient, curious, young women. They had a nice childhood, but appreciate it now that they are grown.

My son graduated this year and is working full time with dh..BUT he is not far away from home yet to appreciate the gifts he has received. I think he needs a long walkabout to become a man...hindsight is a nice thing sometimes. He turns 18 in a few weeks....I think he needs a trip to a far off land...to see the world as it is...and to pay some of it forward..kwim??

LOL

Faithe

Yes they do especially when they hear of all the homework Huck's peers have to do every night. Huck asked me not too long ago why I couldn't just homeschool him for college too. He's a math kid and, man, I can't imagine trying to keep up with him in college! I'm a lib arts kind of girl!

...(13yo boy) has let me know that he understands he has it good, lol, and has no desire to go to traditional school.

My 14yo daughter would like to be able to attend school on *her* terms, lol (doesn't like the idea of being there all day and then coming home to homework and chores/responsibilities), and it's for her benefit mostly that we're taking part in a co-op next year. If we had the option of part-time school attendance in our state, she'd probably be doing exactly that.

The Littles have said before that they like being homeschooled (I think they have, anyway, unless I'm misremembering), but I don't think it's something they really think about a lot.

They seem happy, though.

Nope. I can honestly say my kids never let me know how much they enjoy being taught at home. This is just the norm to them.:)

Yeah, this is our first year of homeschooling after always unschooling and they have never thanked me. This is good food for thought though, I'm going to bring it up at our weekly family meeting to see what everyone thinks about the experiment so far.

Andrew revels in it. He loves that we have a 'secret language' (Latin), and that we're learning so many things they simply do not teach at the local p.s. He loves talking to his sister about what he's learned. Granted, while we're learning he's not overly appreciative, but when we're done he's all smiles.