Menu

What do you get as a get well gift for a FIL who had a heart attack?

Just thought I'd put this out there to gather your brilliant ideas! FIL had a pretty serious heart attack recently. He's home from the hospital today. We want to send along something nice/cute/useful/cheerful. But my mind is pretty empty! (can I claim mommy brain x4???). He's really not the flowers kind of guy. They have to restrict their salt, sugar and fat intake, so most edible items aren't going to work.

What other ideas do you have?

Thanks guys! - Stacey in MA

Besides books? :001_smile: Does he like puzzles? Books with crossword puzzles or sudoku? A magazine subscription? What about a plant or tree they can plant outside in the spring?

My dc love to send balloons and since they're from the dc, they don't seem near as juvenile, for some odd reason!

My father has said repeatedly that his favorite gift post heart attack was a bird feeder.

My aunt bought him a tall tube bird feeder with multiple perches and buckets of bird seed. Another aunt bought him binoculars (but I think that was post bypass surgery - separate incident). He has enjoyed that for years. All through the seasons he has various birds come and enjoy. He has added other feeders over the years too.

Perhaps a bird ID book to go along with the theme would be a good idea too.

I like them all. I will ask DH what he thinks...but plenty to choose from. I know there is an old-time comedian FIL mentions from time to time. That might be a great idea to have a video of the guy. Just can't remember his name - the one who does the bit with punctuation....hmmm...I'll ask DH.

Thanks everyone! - Stacey in MA

I like them all. I will ask DH what he thinks...but plenty to choose from. I know there is an old-time comedian FIL mentions from time to time. That might be a great idea to have a video of the guy. Just can't remember his name - the one who does the bit with punctuation....hmmm...I'll ask DH.

Thanks everyone! - Stacey in MA

Are you thinking of Victor Borge? He was both a pianist and a comedian.