Menu

What happens when you find your niche in life at age 41?

I'll be 41 tomorrow and it seems that I've finally found my passion in life. Art...of all things...who would have thought it? I love it...we live in Europe and I've come to love all this European art. How do you go about incorporating your passion in life with family life? My girls are 18 and 20 and honestly they could care less. My 10 year old is taken with it..he thinks I'm really cool for going to all these castles and art galleries and such.

I've never taken the time to explore art this way and there's so much to learn...any suggestions?

I'll be 41 tomorrow and it seems that I've finally found my passion in life. Art...of all things...who would have thought it? I love it...we live in Europe and I've come to love all this European art. How do you go about incorporating your passion in life with family life? My girls are 18 and 20 and honestly they could care less. My 10 year old is taken with it..he thinks I'm really cool for going to all these castles and art galleries and such.

I've never taken the time to explore art this way and there's so much to learn...any suggestions?

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

...Happy Birthday.

Good for you to have found something that sparks your interest. You are certainly in the right place for history and art. Let us know where you are prowling around and what you find! Pictures perhaps?

I found those books very useful in learning some art/drawing basics. I'm a prof. face painter w/ absolutely no formal art training and found that in order to keep up w/ the other pros (who are trained in art) I had to get some training myself. Those books are helpful. Can you take an art class? Perhaps some Donna Dewberry One-Stroke books (painting) would be helpful...they are to me in face painting (same thing/different canvas!). Really, just find time to DO IT! Have fun w/ it! I love art as well, but just haven't made it a priority...yet! Too bad, b/c my kids really love to draw and create. I think you've inspired me to add more art into our day! Nature journals, sketching, painting, creating...

Oh, Happy Birthday!