Menu

Depreciation on a one yr. old pc?

I would guess considerably more than 10%...probably much more than 25% too and this is even MORE true beause it's a gateway.

you can look up your pc online and see what it goes for now and take a bit off that because of being used.

But you're gonna eat a good bit because of how fast technology progresses and because it is a Gateway.

I checked eBay because we were thinking of getting ds a Mac laptop like mine for school. It's about 4 years old now. On eBay, it's worth about 1/3 of the price we paid.

Have you checked for similar computers on eBay or a used computer site?

Wendi

Check how much RAM you have, what size your hard drive is and the speed of your processor (click start>control panel>system - it will tell you ____ Ghz). Then take those numbers and check your local buy and sell papers, Craigslist and Kijiji to see what comparable computers are going for. Age isn't as big a factor as what your computer is capable of.

Prices on hard drives and other computer components drop incredibly fast. My dh was looking at a hard drive setup several months ago. With the baby coming and all, he didn't buy it then. He can now buy 50% more space for the same amount of money he was planning to spend.

Computers hold their value better than slightly used Kleenexes do, but not much better.