Menu

You know those people whose handwriting looks exactly the same ...

Luanne

every time they write something? It doesn't matter if they are writing a check, a letter to Great Aunt Tessie, or just making their grocery list for the week... and it is always nice and neat. Even my nephew's handwriting is like this (it has been since he was about 7 ot 8). How do you get that kind of handwriting? I'd sure like to be able to do that.

if you research the reasons the the method was developed you'll see why! Both my aunt and my mother had wonderful handwriting well into their 90s and you could barely tell them apart.

But I think it really comes down to practice, practice, practice, good small muscle control and hand eye coordination.

My handwriting varies little - original Zaner Bloser but with modifications. I practiced and practiced and practiced until my Z-B was letter perfect. Then Sister told me the reason I couldn't use pen yet (like everyone else) was because I was lacking individuality so I changed a few things.

I'm getting messier now because I type too much - no practice.

LOL, I'm like that. I was looking all over for a traditional cursive program for my kids so that I could print up my own Awana verse for them. Well, I realized I write completely in the traditional cursive method. I form my letters exactly that way. My DH was amazed. I had the meanest handwriting teacher on the planet earth though.

My dds go to local Tajik school and there they get drilled no end to write neatly. If an assignment is (in my eyes) ever so slightly messy, no matter what the subject, they get marks off. It works fine for my neat dd, but the other one hardly ever gets full marks, though she's really bright.

I realise you wouldn't quite do it that way, but it looks to me, that it takes a lot of time to get beautiful, perfect handwriting all the time.

That was the last negative comment, promise!

I was trained or trained myself in different handwritings, so my handwriting doesn't always look the same! But! with a little bit of practice I can get each style to look good (like if all the writing I do is the grocery list on the fridge, then it all goes downhill ;) ). If you ever have been good at a style, then all you need is a little bit of practice and after that, just concentration when you write--and to slow down!!! Otherwise, just pick a style and get a book to learn it with, and you will be amazed at how quickly you improve.

I was actually thinking of wanting to do this myself ... I would never do this to my child. She has legible handwriting, but I don't expect it to be perfect. I've never even heard of someone getting marked down for not prefect handwriting. Sheesh!

I get comments often on my handwriting. I think it all has to do with my third grade teacher. she made us re-write anything that wasn't perfect. It did not matter what the subject was, she expected excellence in handwriting. I would guess that most of the people who had been taught handwriting by her write the same way.