Menu

Andrew Campbell, Yes I know that's Plaid Dad...Has anyone heard him speak?

Hi There,

I'm wondering if anyone on the board has heard Andrew Campbell speak. I really like his book and I would love to hear him speak. I would love to hear anything great about the topics he spoke on as well as how he supports homeschooling in his talks.

Did I say I really want to hear him speak? I just had a get together with some other moms off this board...and we all want him to come out here to Oregon!

Feel Free to Pm me :001_smile:

Thanks!

Carrie :001_smile:

Oh, Thanks Michelle for telling me about him speaking. I'm still interested in anyone who's heard him speak... I'm wanting to pass of some great recommendations to our homeschool board member that I know. I don't need to be convinced:-) I have plenty talks I can imagine him giving. So can all of the homeschoolers that have read his books....

Anyone?

Carrie:-)

I want you invited over here. One of the questions that I was asked is do I know if you concentrate on "Homeschooling" or are you more into talking about private schools and how we can be like them. Hmmm. I would think this a funny question, except I know one speaker who is very well known...who has just started to acknowledge that homeschooling can work...without private schools. Now, don't get me wrong, I looked at the private school where you teach; it looks wonderful! But, even if I didn't want to homeschool, I could never afford the money for all of our children to be at a private school:-)

So, I'm going to lend my LLC book to the person who was asking me about you...

(Will I EVER get to look at my LLC book and my memory book...together? I keep on lending them....:-)

Carrie:-)

The talks are very definitely geared to homeschoolers, not to would-be private school people. I find it irritating that certain speakers (who shall remain nameless) use homeschool conferences as a way to advertise their schools. That's bad form. I can promise you - and the conference organizers - that I would not do that. My classroom background just means that I have experience with a broad range of ages; right now I'm teaching kids from grades 1-10, all of whom are currently homeschooled or who were until this year. Also, working at a private school with previously homeschooled students gives me some insight into what parents can do at home to help prepare students for outside school experiences, whether that's high school or college.

Does that help?

Edited by Plaid Dad
addition

I am sorry. Elluminate and vyew are online conferencing boards. They are inexpensive and you pay a mo. fee. Or you can have attendees pay. (Which I would)

Many people can just log on and hear you speak. My dd just had a session w/ 230 people, an famous author was speaking. She also attached a presentation. It looks pretty simple, I am going to start vyew, to do some Crime Patrol meetings.

Hope helps. Let me know if you plan on doing it, I would love to hear you speak, so would my dd, she thinks you are highly intelligent.