Menu

Bosch owners, please share your WW bread recipe.

I have a weight watchers cookbook with a bread section. A couple are specifically for bread machines (caraway rye at 2 pt a slice and cinnamon raisin bread at 2 pts a slice). It has multiple other bread recipes and then tells you (generally) how to convert a recipe to use in a bread machine. Everything from classic white(1 pt), honey wheat(2 pts), etc.....

ETA: OK, is (WW) for weight watchers or whole wheat? You can tell what's been on my brain the last few weeks.....since I joined weight watchers. :)

I do not do 100% whole wheat. I usually do wheat/spelt or wheat/kamut. I know that it CAN be 100% ww, but I just choose to mix the grains, which is why I think my bread is so good.:tongue_smilie:

I also only do a 3-loaf recipe size. It can do much more, but this is good for us because I make bread often (we like it hot out of the oven). I usually use this recipe to do 24 rolls and a loaf of bread.

Anyway, I'm at work, but I think I know this one well enough to post it:

Put in Bosch bowl:

2 1/2 c warm water

1/3 c oil (I use canola or olive - if I use olive, I put 1/4 c)

1/4 c honey

1-2 T yeast (can't quite remember this amt)

1 T dough enhancer (this is optional, as is the gluten below, but it makes a light, fluffy bread - I get it from Breadbecker's or Urban Homemaker)

Let sit a few minutes then add fresh ground flour (if you don't have a mill, just add your flour). I loosely fill 6 1/2 c. Add 2 tsp salt, 2 T gluten and turn the Bosch on 1. If it is really wet after 15-20 seconds, lightly sprinkle flour until there is no sticking to sides of bowl. Turn on a timer and let it blend on 2for 6 minutes.

After the 6 minutes, I roll the rolls, shape the loaf, etc. I turn on the oven to 350, let the bread sit on top of the warm oven in the pans for about 30 minutes, then throw in and bake for 20.

Using this I have fresh, healthy whole grain bread in an hour, and it is DELICIOUS!!

I do not do 100% whole wheat. I usually do wheat/spelt or wheat/kamut. I know that it CAN be 100% ww, but I just choose to mix the grains, which is why I think my bread is so good.:tongue_smilie:

I also only do a 3-loaf recipe size. It can do much more, but this is good for us because I make bread often (we like it hot out of the oven). I usually use this recipe to do 24 rolls and a loaf of bread.

Anyway, I'm at work, but I think I know this one well enough to post it:

Put in Bosch bowl:

2 1/2 c warm water

1/3 c oil (I use canola or olive - if I use olive, I put 1/4 c)

1/4 c honey

1-2 T yeast (can't quite remember this amt)

1 T dough enhancer (this is optional, as is the gluten below, but it makes a light, fluffy bread - I get it from Breadbecker's or Urban Homemaker)

Let sit a few minutes then add fresh ground flour (if you don't have a mill, just add your flour). I loosely fill 6 1/2 c. Add 2 tsp salt, 2 T gluten and turn the Bosch on 1. If it is really wet after 15-20 seconds, lightly sprinkle flour until there is no sticking to sides of bowl. Turn on a timer and let it blend on 2for 6 minutes.

After the 6 minutes, I roll the rolls, shape the loaf, etc. I turn on the oven to 350, let the bread sit on top of the warm oven in the pans for about 30 minutes, then throw in and bake for 20.

Using this I have fresh, healthy whole grain bread in an hour, and it is DELICIOUS!!

Thanks! Sounds wonderful!

My favorite that makes high and hefty sandwich type slices, is super soft and has worked every time - oh yes, and is very much complimented by friends, is this one...

www.milkandhoneyfarm.com - under the country store link, it's a bit trickly to find. Also, she has a youtube video showing how to do it.

I sub the vit c stuff and the other strange ingr. for 1/2 c total dough enhancer.

YUM! Makes 5 big loaves for me, better, softer in the glass pans than metal ones.

Here is one that I got from my King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking Cook book. We love it. The texture is great for sandwiches and it tastes great. I have tripled it for my Bosch.

2Tbsp orange juice

1 cup lukewarm water

4 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into 6 pieces

3 cups ww flour

3 Tbsp sugar

Heaping 1/2 cup dried potato flakes or 3 Tbsp potato flour

1/4 cup nonfat dry milk (not the pellet kind)

1 1/4 tsp salt

2 1/2 tsp instant yeast.

Combine all the ingredients, and mix and knead until you have a soft, smooth dough. cover and allow to rise until it is puffy and nearly doubled in bulk, 1 to 2 hours.

Lightly grease 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan. Shape inot log and place in prepard pan. Let rise until it has crowned about 1 1/2 over the rim of pan.

Bake at 350. Bake for 35 min tenting with foil for the last 15 min.

• 2 months later...

I was hoping to try Kerri's recipe and was wondering what brand of nonfat dry milk isn't the pellet kind. Also, what are dried potato flakes? Instant potatoes? We don't use those normally. Could I sub. reg flour and milk instead of these things?

The last poster said she adds gluten - is the amount for the tripled recipe or Kerri's original one?

Thanks in advance.

momee,

I found non fat dry milk that wasn't the pellet kind at a bread baking store. You might be able to find it at the grocery store too. The first one I bought at the grocery store was the pellets instead of throwing it a way I put it in a ziplock bag and used a rolling pin to break it up. However I wouldn't want to do that all of the time. It is worth finding the powdered kind. Potato flakes are instant potatoes. I think that the powdered milk and potato flakes are the key to this recipe so I wouldn't sub them out for anything. I believe the amount of gluten that Jeri posted is for the tripled batch.

hth

For now, I am using one from Laurel's Bread book. It is made with plain yogurt and has a longer rise than the Bosch recipe but I think it has a better flavor and texture. I have linked to one of her older books. My recipe is almost double of what she has so I can make 4-5 loaves at once. If you scroll up, she gives very nice bread making instructions no matter what recipe you use.

http://books.google.com/books?id=TsChEsPHL5cC&pg=PA65&lpg=PA65&dq=laurels+yogurt+bread&source=bl&ots=yP9-M5LdJ9&sig=ukyKFA2-lwxFUW8h9MbOui8CWwU&hl=en&ei=82TASdeJG8agtgfywZRb&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result