Menu

Did you gain weight on...

If anything, you should lose weight on meds for hypothyroid. Are you having issues? I can't speak to my particular circumstances...I first went on synthroid in 1985...my weight went down marginally but I wasn't particularly overweight at the time. I have noticed that the few times my doc reduced my dose of synthroid, my weight has gone up and I have lobbied (successfully) for the dose to be upped.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Janet

When my meds are properly adjusted, it makes it easier for me to lose weight. Too low a dose and I will gain for sure. Too high a dose and I might be hungrier, but less likely to gain. Too high a dose usually also gives me a headache and makes me tremendously irritable.

Yep.

For me, weight gain is one of the signs that my dose is too low.

Yup. And I can't get my doctor to prescribe a stronger dose as I appear to be in the "normal" range on the blood work. I'm looking for a new doctor.:glare:

I did that a couple of years ago. I ended up with a really good doctor who put me on a natural( not synthetic), thyroid medicine and kept checkng my basal body temp to see if it was doing the job. I find when my TSH test comes in at around a 2, I feel good and do not gain weight...anything above that, I gain weight and want to take naps all the time!

I'm taking Armour, but apparently just not the right dosage.

When I'm off (a couple of times I waited until the last minute to get the refill, and the pharmacy was out. Ugh.) I have trouble sleeping, rather than sleeping all the time. Weird, eh?

Maybe I'll keep a record of my basal temp for a few days.