Menu

Is Prince Caspian equivalent to say, Star Wars?

I think your five year old could watch Prince Caspian just fine. There is a battle scene at the end, but I can't remember anything terribly gory happening during that scene. If he watched Star Wars, he would be fine watching Prince Caspian.

There was a kiss between Queen Susan and Prince Caspian, but it was annoying more than anything else, because nothing like that ever happened in the book.

I think your five year old could watch Prince Caspian just fine. There is a battle scene at the end, but I can't remember anything terribly gory happening during that scene. If he watched Star Wars, he would be fine watching Prince Caspian.

There was a kiss between Queen Susan and Prince Caspian, but it was annoying more than anything else, because nothing like that ever happened in the book.

:iagree:. We watched this over Christmas break. I've got one who was scared a bit on The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but wasn't during Prince Caspian.

There is one scene, somewhere in the middle that is pretty dark (it's where the dwarf tries to get Prince Caspian to release the White Witch to save them and there's a creepy looking creature and they do some chanting to bring the white witch up), so you might want to cover his eyes during that part, but my guys all really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry, I don't recommend it for a 5 year old. Two gory characters who belong to the witch's army come back to decieve Prince Caspian. They are nasty looking. There are some other violent scense which are not appropriate for a 5 year old.

We read the books last year and my kids counted down the days to the opening in the theater when they were 7 and 5. We do not watch t.v. or many movies, so these are not girls who are used to watching battles or violence, but they did just fine. They loved it. If you have read the book to your child, he has heard about the hag and the werewolf. So it might depend more on how sensitive your child is.

Dh and I just watched it the other night and due to our kid's sensitive nature are not even sure if we will let our 10yr old watch it. She has read the books, but there is something about the visual that I am sure we will regret if we let them. Mind you, my ds 6 almost 7 is afraid of (of all things) Elliot's list from The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, so that is where we are coming from.

it depends on your kids. I wont let my 9 and 6 yr olds watch LWW or Prince Caspian yet. Im most affected by the White Witch's cruel and abusive attitude, the battle scenes are second as far as why Im not having them watch it.

In general, my personal recommendation would be 8 or 10 and up for both LWW and Caspian, depending on your kid.

:iagree: