Menu

Dogs

Amethyst

10 hours ago, MercyA said:

I don't think anyone believes that their animals are homo sapiens. I don't. I do think my dog is a *person* in a sense. By person I mean that she has thoughts and experiences emotions like love, jealousy, playfulness, and anger just as we do. She is her own self. 

All animals have those things to degrees. Wasn't it Skinner who based his human behaviour theory on his study of slugs.

Doesn't mean however that live animals need to be in food shops

10 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

All animals have those things to degrees. Wasn't it Skinner who based his human behaviour theory on his study of slugs.

Doesn't mean however that live animals need to be in food shops

I agree with the bolded!

I think Skinner is more known for working with dogs, but he could have worked with slugs too, maybe?

I said that private businesses should set their own policies within the law. It is against the law to bring a non-service animal into a grocery store. I'm not advocating for that, although it doesn't bother me.

7 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

He is famous for his  human behaviour studies based on slugs.  I have never heard of his studies on dogs, but just about every unit of my bachelor of education degree touched on  his slug and human behaviour  studies

I think it was Erik Kandel who worked with sea slugs