Menu

Tackling Monday Together, 4.15.24

mom31257

Good morning!

Dh is off to work with his whole day's food with him. He works at the charter school tonight. 

• Bible study
  • coffee
  • meals for me
  • 4 Zoom sessions
  • pay bills/update big budget book
  • prep for students tomorrow 
  • work on lesson plans for Wednesday because I didn't finish them all yesterday
  • tidy house
  • laundry
  • go to exercise class with friends
  • shower
  • watch something and relax
  • Like 3

Would you pray for my older sister? 

She has a vein problem in an area of her leg that gives her a lot of trouble, and she is in a lot of pain. She is scheduled for a procedure on May 1st, but she is calling today to see if there are any cancellations so she can get in sooner.  She was born with the cord wrapped around that leg and has had issues her whole life. She had two surgeries in this area as a child and teenager. 

She has dealt with pain issues for the last 20 years after gallbladder surgery when the laser nicked a disc in her back and caused back and leg pain in this same leg. So this is just one more thing. 

She is also depressed. She has gained a lot of weight over the last couple of years, and it is starting to restrict her life. She is having blood pressure issues now, too. She realizes she needs to lose weight, and we discussed some ideas when I was with her last week. 

Thank you! 

• Sad 3

Today:

Boy to school ✔️ 
Coffee ✔️ 
Post Office ✔️ 
Bank ✔️ 
Electronic chores
Lunch with a friend ✔️ 
Pack a snack for Ds and remind Dh about gear drop-off. ✔️ 
Make dinner - lasagna ✔️ 
Tutor in person ✔️ 

Go to Ds’ game - last one I can get to. A week of lacrosse left. Three games. 

Read and unwind

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

@ScoutTN, we have a charter night school here. Students go from 4-8 Monday - Thursday. They work on self-paced computer classes, so he supervises their work, helps with questions, and unlocks quizzes, tests, etc. He hopes it is something he can do long-term. 

There are about 16 campuses in the state, and dh has been told they are a model that other states are looking at. It's a good option for kids who don't fit in socially at regular public schools or for kids who just want to work fast and be done with school if they don't care about extracurricular things. They had a pregnant student that her school would not let her be homebound, so she enrolled there and finished her high school diploma in less than 7 months. 

• Like 3

Good Afternoon

several tasks done already

to do: laundry a few loads, dishes, house pick up

prep for in person Hx group meeting tonight. The group dynamic has changed so it’s not as enjoyable as before which is sad. 

watch something fun tonight

• Like 2

No prep today as a co-worker was out.

Told the boss I will teach summer school.

Called on adding insurance to my new car.

Donating double red blood cells as we speak. This should earn me my gallon pin. 

Groceries will be delivered soon. Frozen pizza and bagged salad for supper.

• Like 2

Came home from my donation and the laundry sink/main drain was backed up. Ate supper and then helped DH solve that problem (I should be resting/hydrating/not lifting after a donation). Then youngest (stayed home from school today) woke up so we checked her temp. Has a fever. Praying hard eldest does not get it. They are still having their own medical issues (so tends to get hit harder) and they have a civil air patrol event this weekend and will be mad at youngest if it spreads. 

Made a bed for eldest upstairs for the night away from youngest a bit more. To complicate things, youngest has her last behind the wheel scheduled for tomorrow and drivers test scheduled for Friday. We will have to see how this plays out too. 

Happy Monday!

• Like 2

Lax game was good. They didn’t win, but it was reasonably close and they played well. If we had a bigger team and more subs, we could have won. Nice chatting with other parents and the weather is lovely. 

Not sure if it’s some mild allergy symptoms or a cold coming on, but I have a bit of chest congestion and some sinus drainage and a slightly sore throat. Drinking water, taking zinc and vitamins. Headed to bed soon. 

• Like 1