Menu

Tackling Saturday Together, 4.13.24

ScoutTN

Good morning!

I am having coffee and b’fast, then headed out to a state park for the day. 

Trying to hold in my mind that the house and kitchen will not be clean or tidy when I come home.  Low expectations, then I won’t be disappointed.

Dinner is most likely take out from our favorite gyro place. 

There is a possibility that Dd will be home tonight? 

Enjoy your day!

• Like 4

Wow, slow day on the boards! I hope everyone is outside enjoying a pretty day, or getting a nap, or doing something fun.

My hike was good. Strenuous, but not long. I have the badgework planned out and eyeballed our campsite. Will send an email to troop leadership Monday.

Took the interstate route back, so I could see Dd. International festival on her campus. Gonna go look at crafts and get food from food trucks. 

• Like 3

@ScoutTN, I did have some fun today and was outside a bit. 

My dad came down this morning, and I made a big brunch for us. 

The depot and historic hotel were open today, and he likes to go help host at the depot. The leaders of the depot gave him an enlarged photo of his senior class when they visited Washington, DC. What a great treasure for our family to have!

We visited while he was there because dh hasn't been to any of it. My dad's conductor uniform is in the depot, too. 

I've been doing laundry and grading some homework. 

We are going to a musical at dh's school this evening, Once Upon a Mattress

• Like 3

How very cool, @mom31257! What a fun thing for your dad to do and to have! 

@ScoutTN, glad you were able to get out into the sunshine as well! 

I'm popping in after a mediumly busy day. 

So far I have:
...fencing Divisional Qualifier, in which I did not have to actually fence b/c there were only 3 competitors, and the rules state that for anything from 3 to 12 competitors, the Top 3 Finishers all qualify.  So, only 3, we were thus all "top 3" and thus automatically qualified. yay! (this is so I can fence Division 3 at Summer Nationals)

...regular fencing practice, where I did actually fence

...LONG nap, which was much needed

....sorted all the fabric for DS's quilt -- it was a big bag of many colors, now sorted by character and layered into a tin/bin/thing stacked in order of how I'd prefer to approach them

DH & Middle are cooking dinner, so once that is done we'll eat, and then I think watch a movie (maybe?) afterwards. If we do not watch the movie, I'll work on ironing the fabric and getting figures cut and put on fabric (if we do watch the movie, I'll do that tomorrow)

Also need to send pictures to be printed for DS's senior table/display board/etc. and plan that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Picked up Ds from work.
Sent Dh to get take-out. (Dd and I did not end up getting anything at the international fair.)

Got a shower and more water.

Going to read and go to bed early!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Dinner was very late b/c DH & Middle ended up in a serious conversation (all is well; just some deep dad & kid talk). Once finally done, it was very good.

Got the idea figured out for DS's grad board thing. 

Watching a (shorter) movie and heading to bed.

• Like 3