Menu

Tackling Friday Together, 4.11.24

ScoutTN

Posted (edited)

Lovely spring day here! The birds are loud and my rhododendron is getting close to blooming.

Today:
Shower ✔️ 
Thrift drop ✔️ 
YNAB ✔️ 
Meal planning    some
Grocery ✔️ 
Pack up Easter decor
Go to mom’s - briefly ✔️ 
Lunch with friends ✔️ 

Boy from school to practice (Six more days of lacrosse; three games. Spring football begins 4/30.)

Dinner is? 

Read

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Spring has come in fiercely, with a lot of wind and rain.

Today:

• finish my homework
  • violin
  • pack for vacation
  • find the duffel.  How it went missing, I don't know, but it's bright yellow.  Mysteries abound, and will probably be solved with the help of children checking their rooms.
  • finish the surprises
  • tidy half the house (the rest is tomorrow)
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today I have:
...coffee
....2nd grade prep for next week
....go tutor my Friday kiddo
....make sure DS stays on top of his stuff 

....draw his quilt figures (redraw)
...if time, start putting some of them into fabric
....nap probably?
....tonight, go out to dinner & a Q&A showing of Princess Bride w/friends (Cary Ewles will be doing a Q&A after the movie) - should be fun!
....come home, go to bed

So, not a long list, but I need to stay diligent so I have time to get those applique's done - the background fabric is finally on the way here, and I'd like to have all of the figures onto their fabric and ready to go once it gets here (probably in a week?)

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 2

Howdie, happy Friday!

The maid is on her way.  House is reasonably picked up / organized, dog is in the crate.

Personal goals for the rest of the day:  "yoga etc.," shower w/hair wash, eat fruit & veggies, take vitamins, drink water, walk the dog, maybe organize a few things.

I have at least 5 work things that I want to accomplish during business hours today.  Beyond that, just chipping away at less urgent to-do's.

I also want to file a couple family members' tax extensions, pay my extension payments, and force my kid to get her W-2 from a job that didn't send one.

We may or may not go out to dinner tonight.  Depends on everyone else's schedule.

• Like 3

Home from my Friday gig

Realized I made a very costly error last night -- placed an online order for some non-returnable items.....forgot to double check what size I take, and accidentally ordered the wrong size. 😞 I didnt' have a shipping notice yet, so emailed the help desk.....30 seconds later, the shipping notice hit my inbox. Dang it! 

I may *try* the other size and see, but I doubt it will work. We shall see. Dang it, dang it, dang it. 

• Sad 2

On a plus side, DH found my (missing) glasses! yay!!! 

Gathered materials and emailed a mom - stuff for her DD for the summer & their travels. 

Eating lunch, maybe napping, and drawing figures. Can't do anything about the ordering error, so no sense worrying over it. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Dinner is gochujang bowls, Ds’ request. Need to cook rice and prep the meat.

In school pick up line now. 

Eta: Boy is grouchy bc of bad grades. Which, of course, are all the teacher’s fault…

I’m never gonna make it til this one is launched….SO exhausting. every.single.day

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Sad 2

Homework done.  I have a professor who is enamored with TikTok, and requests 90% of the homework to be short videos.  I'm not amused.  Aside from the fact that TikTok is not welcome in my house, I don't feel like astronomy is the right class for this.  But at least the grading scale is either getting a "like" or not in the class website/dojo/whatever it is.  I *think* I have an A?  Who knows.  I have 12 likes.

Envelopes are not happening this trip. Not today.  The back up plan is scavenger hunts.

Dh and I tidied some, enjoyed the poor weather inside, and I'm about to cook dinner: pork meatballs and sesame noodles.

• Like 3

Customer service was able to get my shipment swapped out for the right size before it actually departed! Yay yay yay yay yay! 

Got all of the figures redrawn the correct way for DS's quilt. Whew! So.much.work. Glad that is finished! 

@ScoutTN -- hugs & prayers for you; these kids are so rough at times. I was just talking to a friend about it - his kids are in the same phases as mine, and we were lamenting how everyone warns you about the "terrible twos" but no one really talks about the older teen/young adult phase, and how hard it can be....

@HomeAgain -- sorry you didn't get the envelopes done; the scavenger hunt sounds like a nice alternative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Customer service was able to get my shipment swapped out for the right size before it actually departed! Yay yay yay yay yay! 

Got all of the figures redrawn the correct way for DS's quilt. Whew! So.much.work. Glad that is finished! 

@ScoutTN -- hugs & prayers for you; these kids are so rough at times. I was just talking to a friend about it - his kids are in the same phases as mine, and we were lamenting how everyone warns you about the "terrible twos" but no one really talks about the older teen/young adult phase, and how hard it can be....

@HomeAgain -- sorry you didn't get the envelopes done; the scavenger hunt sounds like a nice alternative. 

YES, YES, YES!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Unloaded the dishwasher. 

Got mom’s tax payment ready to mail. Hoping to get Dh to go to the PO and send it tomorrow. (Signature required. Not sending an important check without any tracking into the USPS void!) I need to spend the day at a state park, planning a hiking badge for 4th-6th grade girls, and hope to be outta here early tomorrow. Park is 2 hrs away. Glad the weather looks nice. 

Got a lacrosse team dinner planned and on the calendar. 

Doing a bit of prep cooking. Got some meat out of the freezer. 

Next up:
Get my daypack ready for tomorrow. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2