Menu

Tackling Sunday together!

Your day sounds more exciting than mine, @TravelingChris.  Is it a local or professional version of Jesus Christ Superstar?  I've had the opportunity to see some really well done local productions.  And some interesting ones. 😆 My son's heavily Christian high school put on a very edited version of Grease.  By the end I wasn't sure what I was watching anymore.

Today:

• shower
  • set things up for tomorrow
  • swing by the store
  • take ds to a bday party
  • dinner: leftovers.  DS will be fed at the party, which is awfully brave of the mom.  A dozen teen boys with bottomless pits in lieu of stomachs..yikes.
  • Disney trivia night at home
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Your day sounds more exciting than mine, @TravelingChris.  Is it a local or professional version of Jesus Christ Superstar?  I've had the opportunity to see some really well done local productions.  And some interesting ones. 😆 My son's heavily Christian high school put on a very edited version of Grease.  By the end I wasn't sure what I was watching.

It is a touring professional production. We have a non profit Br9adway League here in our city That was formed well before this was a boom town. And I just got the ticket Yesterday and it was great that I got a seat Right near the stage. Basically the best ticket in the house and I got it for the same price as if I was sitting teaching in the back row of the balcony.

But thanks for reminding me to be looking out for local high school productions. I did go to one about 8 Years ago at the high school my daughter would have gone to if she went to public school and we were just absolutely astonished. It was Peter Pan and we could see exactly why the hill where we live on used to be called pill hill. It was because all the doctors lived on this hill. And many do live around here- new ones knocking down 60's homes and building 750K new ones. I couldn't believe how much money they spent on that production and that was all parental and business donations.

• Like 3

Hi! I am back home!  We are taking dd and her gf out to dinner tonight since we didn't get to see dd on her birthday last week. How is it possible I have a 27-year-old child???  How time really flies! 

I had a good time! I'm glad I got to spend that much time with Daddy because was very unsteady at times. I see him for afternoons or a couple of hours at a time. He has never had an increase in his Parkinson's meds since he started them just over 2 years ago, so I wonder if he might need that. He agreed to me moving up the neurologist appointment, so I'll work on that this week.  I mentioned maybe being time to move in with us or possibly getting a life alert because I don't want him to fall at home and us not know for several hours. We take turns calling every day, but that's not the same as being there. 

I've been unpacking and working on a meal plan for the week. 

I need to do some grading and work on the big budget book. 

• Like 4

We’ve been to church and to my sister in law’s for lunch. 

Helped Dd with some forms for her summer job. She’s headed back to school shortly.

Became aware this afternoon that one of my son’s friends has moved on, dropped Ds like something that smells bad, and was really mean about it. Former friend runs with cooler, far wealthier, people than us. Sad for my boy. 😢😢💔

He would have had such nice community and friends if he’d homeschooled. But he won’t. Everything is hard for this kid. So very hard. 

• Sad 5

I took ds to the birthday party.  One of the parents offered to take him home, so I consider that a win.  It gave me a chance to burn some yard waste without a "helpful" teen who just wants to build the biggest fire he can.  I also got my school room clean. Yay!

I'm sorry about your ds, @ScoutTN.  We've seen some of those friendships run through our house.  It's never easy.  I remind myself that most of us don't maintain our childhood friendships through adulthood and it's good to find those who are right for us at that time, but.........well, here is an anomaly.  These folks' ancestors got off the ship in 1620 and became so intertwined with one another that it's common to see people who went to school together, grew up together, had kids around the same time, and put all their kids in the same activities.  Generation after generation repeating a cycle.  It's not something I'm used to and have no idea how to help ds think about long term when a friendship peters out because nobody ever leaves here.

• Like 3

@HomeAgain Ah, yes, the tight NE social fabric. Btdt, the boarding school version. 

The shifting of friendships is indeed a normal growing up thing, but the meanness hurts. And the awareness of how much better community (nevermind education!!) Ds could have had if he’d homeschooled. Lost opportunity. 

• Like 3

Had a great time watching Jesus Christ Superstar- I had a regular kind of seat versus concert hall chair. I was in the first row in the orchestra pit. I actually could see the actors and dancers really well.  I am going to buy a CD and/or DVD of it. I was surprised how well I remembered the music. I only saw it once before during video tape era, probably more than 30 years ago.

More to do

• Amazon order
  • Finish cleaning bathroom 
  • Run around and pick up stuff, neaten up for electrician inspection and plumber walking through to hall bathroom where he will fix sink drainage hopefully- one of them is  coming from 8 to 10
  • Check if blood test results are available 
  • Sort clothes that are on my bed currently
  • Make to do list for tomorrow 
  • Like 4

@ScoutTN, I'm sorry about the situation for your ds!

We enjoyed dinner out with dd and her gf.  

I went to the grocery store, and I'm finishing looking at some homework. Two weeks until Spring break, and then there will be just 5 weeks left of my M/W classes. 

• Like 1