Menu

Tackling Saturday, 3.16

ScoutTN

Posted (edited)

I slept late again. Last real day of SB, as I work at church on Sundays and need to be early. And Dd will go back to school tomorrow afternoon.

I started the corned beef in the crock pot and restarted the laundry. The air is cool, but the sun is lovely and warm today. I have coffee.

Things to do:
Buy a gift card ✔️ 
Recycle glass ✔️ 
Car wash?  Not today
Call in Rx refill ✔️ 
Grocery ✔️ 
Call mom ✔️ 
Remember to add veggies to crock pot later! ✔️ 

Maybe put up my new tent? 

Dinner is corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. Possibly bread too? ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

We woke up early to take ds to his last game of the regular season.  They remain undefeated and will take the first place slot in the playoff bracket.

Up next:

• do a quick marinade on the meat for dinner
  • figure out if we're going to a birthday party tomorrow or not, and what to bring
  • get ds to do his laundry
  • work on a puzzle
  • 10,000 steps
  • type up notes
  • Like 2

Hi guys, happy Saturday!

Last week flew by!  3/15 was a deadline for a number of items, so I'm glad we're past that.  Now we have about 1.5 weeks to finish probably the biggest work deadline of 2024.  And then the 3/31 deadlines right after that.  Who else is looking forward to April??

Today my kid received her decision for the selective college she applied to. It gives me great relief to say that she didn't get in, and she seems reasonably OK about it.  Now I can stop worrying about what I'd do if she got in, LOL.  I can't see paying 5x as much as her "second choice," but there were external pressures that I won't get into.  I'm just glad we can move on.  We can start positively planning for our real life 2024-25 school year.

For today, I have a couple of specific work goals as far as my "boss" is concerned.  I also have about 50 other things I really want/need to accomplish, which I won't mention out loud, because I don't want to drag additional people into these things.  It just gives me a headache when we discuss how many things I have on my to-do list.  Then the headache makes my work harder.

So hopefully I can maintain a healthy, positive focus, crank out some good work, and end the day without too much stress.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Groceries and gift cards are put away.
Coffee cake is baking.
Added potatoes and carrots to the crock pot.

Making lunch now

Might put up my hammock and read outside!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

Booked a cute cottage in NC for Dd’s week off from camp this summer. We’ll sleep late, eat good food, read, watch movies, explore and shop a bit, maybe hike too. Should be a fun getaway. 

I am sad that a family trip will not work this summer, but young adults and teens have plans and sometimes everything doesn’t synch. Plus we have budget constraints.

Planning a fall break trip that Dh will enjoy, since he won’t get much vacation this summer.

• Like 1