Menu

Quick — need retirement gift ideas

Spryte

In the $50 and under range. 

German, will be moving north from Bavaria. Vegan, beer drinker only, non-smoker (so no cigars), quiet, somewhat formal guy into his local political scene. No idea on any hobbies or upcoming plans. 

Any nice ideas would be helpful — sarcasm and “quitter” type references won’t be appreciated.

Oh, and we need it here by Friday. Oops! 

Thanks for any ideas!

Whatever it is, the quality of the item is important. Also remember he may not open it in front of you.

A watch is the standard gift, and I wouldnt do that. I would bring something with local flare that would bring remembrance of your family. I’d probably also bring a few bars of the oatmilk vegan chocolate from Trader Joe’s. 

I know you asked for a gift, but I always think a heart-felt note or card is the most meaningful.
Maybe reminiscing about a shared event or project, or what they mean to you after these years of working together.
Maybe a framed photo of their co-workers.

Something that isn't clutter, but reminds them of the BEST days of working together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1