Menu

Any input on CLRC classes (French, art, math)?

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has experience with live online classes at CLRC (Classical Learning Resource Center), specifically their high school math, art, or French classes. I've done a search on this forum and it looks like people have had good experiences with their literature courses, but I'm hoping someone can chime in about other subjects.

Thanks in advance! 

I haven't used CLRC for any of the specific classes you are asking about, but I've had 2 kids take about 6 classes through CLRC over the past few years.

My kids have taken their foreign languages at CLRC - not French though. Youngest loves her Spanish class (she's taken Spanish 1, 2, and is currently in 3), and older loves Arabic (she's in her 2nd year in Arabic for all ages as it's the only Arabic class). Older took German 2 & 3 through CLRC as a freshman/sophomore.

Older also took Chemistry through CLRC. It was solid, and DD enjoyed it. 

So far, we haven't had any duds. 

• Like 1

I feel like their other courses are the ones I've heard about the most, like English and Latin and various other languages. French is really strong at Aim Academy and WTMA whereas CLRC has things like German that are harder to find other places.

DS tried French there last year, but his French was more advanced then the course. CLRC was very good about letting him withdraw from the class late though. He did a history class there that he very much enjoyed. On the whole we found that CLRC was great to deal with. I kind of wish we'd stuck with them for school this year. 

• Like 1