Menu

Spending time DS21 - conversations

Toocrazy!!

DS21 and I are going on a 2 week trip next week. I’m super excited and I know we’ll have a great time. But, we’re both serious introverts with little interest in small talk and DH won’t be around to keep the conversations flowing 😀

Any suggestions for audiobooks, conversation starters, hotel room games, etc? I imagine we’ll have the daily activities to generate some conversations, but it will just be the two of us pretty much the whole time. And for all the meals. And we’ve already been together for 3 weeks - longest Christmas break ever! Ha! Just looking for ideas that might add to the interest. 

I like the Questions for humans conversation cards. I ask my people lots of “what’s the best/worst…” all kinds of things. Lively discussions on best/worst Christmas songs and Christmas movies. Restaurants, snack foods, cereals. I gave my 4 kids a list of 8 kinds of chips/snacks over group text and told them to rate them from best to worst. It was hilarious. They picked at each others choices and argued all about it. So fun! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fluxx is another good, small but quick learn game.  Comes in various themes.  Also Tangoes.  The conversation cards are great.  I used to teach a hands on class to teens where we were all just sitting at times but could chat and would pull those out and those always worked.

I listened to a book recently called Lies My Teacher Told Me:  Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James Loewen

It struck me as something that would be interesting to listen to with my young adults on a road trip and open up a lot of interesting conversations.  It had me seeking out more info about different points in history.  Also it's 17 hours so it can kill a lot of time.