Menu

Wooden toys for babies...

Anyone here buy wooden toys for their kids?

I need recommendations.

My sister has a wooden chew toy for her baby. It's finely sanded and coated in beeswax. I would call her this morning, but she's behind our time zone.

Any online sites you like?

Tell me what you know! TIA.

I think the Haba toys are generally considered the "gold standard" in this area, but there are lots of options. I would definitely avoid anything made in China like the plague! Kidsurplus.com usually has some Haba stuff. You could also look on etsy and see what people are offering. I think Papo also offers baby items as well.

I think the Haba toys are generally considered the "gold standard" in this area...

Just be aware that Haba isn't the "made in Germany" company it used to be. Quite a few of their products are now made in China.

This store, http://www.fairhaventoygarden.com, is an independent shop in my area that offers creative, imaginative toys. Very European and Waldorf-based. Lovely people, and they do ship nationwide.

Edited by Colleen

Just be aware that Haba isn't the "made in Germany" company it used to be. Quite a few of their products are now made in China.

This store, http://www.fairhaventoygarden.com, is an independent shop in my area that offers creative, imaginative toys. Very European and Waldorf-based. Lovely people, and they do ship nationwide.

Really!!! I had no idea, sorry about that. That's disappointing. I've heard great things about most of the other sites listed though, and an online co-op group that I'm part of ran a Maple Landmark co-op a few months ago.