Menu

So, anyone thinking about getting their diet back on track after New Year's???

If you've gotten off track?

I, personally, have totally BLOWN my diet to shreds (and I mean diet in general as my lifestyle, not losing weight diet) to the point of gaining about 12-15 pounds.

SO, inspire me with ideas on how to work, home school AND keep the health foods coming regularly!!

If you've gotten off track?

I, personally, have totally BLOWN my diet to shreds (and I mean diet in general as my lifestyle, not losing weight diet) to the point of gaining about 12-15 pounds.

SO, inspire me with ideas on how to work, home school AND keep the health foods coming regularly!!

Nope -- no inspiration here. I take a "vacation" during the holidays. This year, so far anyway, I haven't put on any weight. But I will definitely have to get back on the wagon after Sweetie goes back out on the road.

I've been off sugar for a while now apart from agave syrup which is low GI and sweet (and I only have it in tea, so i am not having a lot). Just going off sugar has balanced my moods, my food cravings, and stopped me eating a lot of different junk foods. If I crave sweetness, I eat fruit.

Well, I just made my menu for January dinners....

Salad meals 3 times per week. Lots of light soup meals. Every meal out of a "light" or "diet" type cookbook.

Next I'm going to do lunches from a specific diet cookbook. It worked well for me before and I can really eat a lot of calories at lunch.

Other than that, I'm planning my late afternoon and evenings snacks into my calorie budget.

And I'm upping my exerise BIG TIME, with charts on the wall, etc.!

Oh THANK YOU for posting! I've been feeling SO BAD about myself - I've been so "good" about diet since May but the last two days have been horrific! I think I've gained 2 kilos in the last 2 days. Ugh!

I so hope tomorrow is different. I think I'd have to get rid of all the cookies though. sigh.

I decided to take a holiday from my Weight Watchers plan during December. Made the mistake of stepping on the scale last night. Gulp. Not good.

I'm with Jennifer. I'll be adding more and more fruits and veggies, some light soups, and continuing my exercise. Sweets and carbs will be limited...a lot. Water, water, water.

I like feeling lighter and healthier. I hate feeling heavy and dull.

Yup. Once the baby is here... I should be able to eat my favorite foods again (I can't tell you how much I miss pizza, spaghetti, steak, garlic bread, ranch dressing...)

I'm about had my fill for a lifetime of fried egg sandwhiches and chicken noodle soup!

I've been off sugar for a while now apart from agave syrup which is low GI and sweet (and I only have it in tea, so i am not having a lot). Just going off sugar has balanced my moods, my food cravings, and stopped me eating a lot of different junk foods. If I crave sweetness, I eat fruit.

I recently bought agave syrup, too. I love it! I eat in on my steel cut oats or quinoa porridge for breakfast. It is awfully sweet and I don't have to use much at all. The bottle says that it is "raw." Have you found a difference? Do you use the raw kind, too?

I can't afford to sweeten our gallons of iced tea with it, so I'm still using honey for that, but I sweeten single cups of hot tea with it. I also enjoy it on some other things. It is really sweet, but has no off taste. We enjoy it. DD uses it in some smoothie recipes she has.

I've been making "sassy" water. You take 2 liters of water (I use our filtered water), add one peeled, sliced cucumber, one thinly sliced lemon, 1 t ginger (I bumped this up a bit in mine) and 16 fresh mint leaves. You let it sit overnight in the fridge and drink the entire 2 liters during the next day. It's really good, and, though I often have trouble consuming enough water, this one makes me WANT to drink it. It's natural diuretic of course, and is very purifying and refreshing too. Of course you have to strain it.

My plan is to make this every night for the next day to keep my water drinking up. I wanted to start this ASAP, but there is really no point until next week. My b-day is the 28th and we're having an oyster shucking party so I'll be eating my weight in raw oysters!!

My plan is to make this every night for the next day to keep my water drinking up. I wanted to start this ASAP, but there is really no point until next week. My b-day is the 28th and we're having an oyster shucking party so I'll be eating my weight in raw oysters!!

Yum! You know, I'm not that far away!:D I don't think you could gain too much from raw oysters.