Menu

My youngest dd's SO is in the hospital with sepsis. (Update)

KidsHappen

You or your daughter could take a laptop to the hospital and apply for Medicaid for him if you can’t get the social worker there asap to help.   It is important to at least get the clock ticking on it even if you do t have all of the information right now.

you might be able to find a POA paperwork online for your state and have someone at the hospital witness/notarize it for you.

I am sorry that the reality is that this stuff just stinks and is a lot of work.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

ETA: Just found out he has been throwing blood clots. Not sure from where but luckily they caught them in time and now have him on a blood thinner as well. I guess I need to check and see if they have him on the leg messagers as well.

I’m glad they caught this quickly!

The leg massagers are great and reduce risk, but you can have clots anywhere that do not have to originate someplace else. DVTs can travel or break off and move, but clots can start anywhere. It’s a false sense of safety to not look for a clot because there are no DVT symptoms.

DS had pulmonary emboli with no DVT, and so did another family member.

Encourage him to get testing for all the normal clotting things and for antiphospholipid syndrome if they can get that worked out.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kbutton said:

I’m not sure this is the right update thread—maybe you had a newer one. I’ve been wondering how things are going now. If it’s better to update the other thread, I’ll try to watch for it. 

I just posted a new thread, should be at the top of the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1