Menu

Today's happenings at our house

DawnM

Realtor came over the other day and told us what we need to get rid of in our home (to storage).   Today is the big day for furniture.   We have about 3-4 loads of large furniture to take to storage in our 13' open bed trailer.   

Realtor liked all the furniture we bought from the previous owners and thinks our furniture is trash apparently.   Our furniture is just not the right kind for staging, etc....but we like it, so whatever.

Anyway, it is going to feel so empty after today!   

• Like 12

Almost all the necessary furniture is out of the house!   It started raining so we had to stop for now (open bed trailer) but we will either get it later today or early tomorrow.

Then tomorrow is a huge dump run of (mostly) DH's stuff from the garage that needs to go.   He seems to think it is jointly ours, but nope!  It is 90% his!  🤣

I won't be doing a whole lot more, it is mostly DH stuff now.   And then cleaning and staging which I also am not really doing.

We lost the key to the curio cabinet and need to get it open!   I need to get some small paper clips for it as the key hole is tiny.   Then I need to pack that stuff.

I have some pictures I am not sure how to pack.   They are large.  I guess I need to pay the big bucks for the larger TV box.   

• Like 3

This all sounds like a horror movie to me. I HATE moving! I dream of living in a different location all.the.time, but to actually pack up my stuff and move it is absolutely frightening! 🤪

All the best with you move!! I can't believe how fast everything is moving for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, wintermom said:

This all sounds like a horror movie to me. I HATE moving! I dream of living in a different location all.the.time, but to actually pack up my stuff and move it is absolutely frightening! 🤪

All the best with you move!! I can't believe how fast everything is moving for you. 

It is indeed horrifying!   I just need it to be OVER.

We have only lived in this house 4 years and DH and I both agree we will stay in this next house at least until retirement (8 years) and maybe until Andrew graduates high school.   It will depend on how tied he is to his school and how much of an upheaval it would be to move him.   We may stay until he graduates HS in 13 years!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crazyforlatin said:

Did you take off work to do all this? You remind me of the energizer bunny I used to see on tv back in the 80s. I don’t watch networks with commercials so no idea if that bunny is still around. 

I work in public education.   I am off for 10 weeks.   It is flying by though.   I am 5 weeks in already.   

But I don't think we will close on the new house until I am already in school again, so I am a bit worried about that.   

• Like 2