Menu

I think your most accurate information is going to come from UP itself. 

Elsewhere on their admissions page, they have guidelines for students who are not graduating from a Philippines secondary school. These students can submit other scores instead of the UPCAT.

https://upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph/

But you would want to confirm if they would accept an application from a homeschool student. 

• Like 1

My understanding is that one of the reasons so many educators and health care workers come to the US from the Philippines is that the degrees are recognized here and the system is set up similarly. So I would think that part would be fine.

Seconding that you really need to check if they'll accept a homeschooler at all though. Homeschoolers applying in other countries often need additional qualifications or to use an accrediting school such as NARHS.

13 hours ago, Petrova Fossil said:

OK, here goes—

I did some research, and it seems like they do accept homeschoolers, but they must take the PEPT before application (because homeschooling is technically “non-formal” schooling—also, not Dep Ed accredited). 

Keep in mind that you have two circumstances you need to ask about. One is homeschooling, but the other is applying from outside The Philippines. 

If you only ask about one, the answer may be correct but inadequate to your situation. 

It has been my experience that schools outside the US usually want to see AP exams because they're the closest thing to a national exam we have here.  

So I'd definitely check and find out if that's the case here, because you need to find an AP test site for next year NOW. 

Usually college courses done in high school are considered high school courses and don't affect admissions. They just don't necessarily give credit anyway. However, if they give placement into more interesting classes, either by direct placement or by passing placement tests, that may work fine. In my case, I don't want early graduation from college for my kid, I just want classes at the correct level.

Did you see that they want grades from 8th grade in addition to 9th-11th?  

I also thought it was interesting that they didn't want students to take college courses prior to enrollment (which I see you already know).