Menu

AmeriCorp

Ditto

Does anyone have any experience with it?  Has anyone ever worked for them or had a family member work for them?  I would love to hear the experiences and whether it was positive/negative.  And any tips or advice if you don't mind sharing.

28 minutes ago, Ditto said:

Does anyone have any experience with it?  Has anyone ever worked for them or had a family member work for them?  I would love to hear the experiences and whether it was positive/negative.  And any tips or advice if you don't mind sharing.

My dh was running a program when I married him.  It was 25 years ago.  Is there anything specific I could ask him.  I know he had a good experience with it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, freesia said:

My dh was running a program when I married him.  It was 25 years ago.  Is there anything specific I could ask him.  I know he had a good experience with it.

Could I pm you later this evening?

3 hours ago, rebcoola said:

I did a year of americorp in my twenties. 

I would love to hear your experience and what you thought of it.   Pros?  Cons?  How did it benefit you?  Which program were you part of?  Were you alone or part of a team?  Where did you serve?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

It’s none of my business but now I’m interested. 

In why I am asking or in the experiences of others?    

I am asking because one of my kids is considering joining for a year.

1 minute ago, Ditto said:

In why I am asking or in the experiences of others?    

I am asking because one of my kids is considering joining for a year.

In the answers you’ll get. I know nothing about how the organization works or what they do so it’s all interesting. It’s also interesting that your kid is considering joining. I’m sure there are YouTube videos that spell it out, but having a real mom’s eye view of the experience would be so useful to you. 

• Thanks 1