Menu

Other Amazon sites for foreign language books?

Has anyone ordered books from Amazon.com in a different country? (I'm in the U.S.) I am so frustrated trying to find French reading books. Then I discovered the France Amazon site. I've ordered from the Book Depository with success, but I'm afraid I might be 'missing' something at the Amazon site. I can read French, but sometimes I don't know every single word. Anyone have any advice?

I've ordered from Amazon Germany and all went well. The site is pretty much the same, word-for-word (in a different language, of course;), as the American site. I was pleasantly surprised at what I felt were reasonable shipping charges, and I received the books within a couple of weeks.

We also ordered from Amazon Germany this year. The books arrived quickly and in pretty good condition, although I was surprised at how little packaging some of them had. The boxes arrived very beat up.

Shipping wasn't too bad and we were able to get lots of dvd's that we wouldn't normally have been able to get. (General note: You need to be aware of format issues when buying overseas dvd's).

If you are looking for beginning French readers, I have bought TONS of them off of eBay for super cheap from Canadian sellers. Then, within the mixed-bag lots, I can determine which ones I want more of!

It's good to know about amazon.fr, though, because I was wanting to buy a couple of textbooks for next year. Thank you!

Oh! Babar books! Those are good, and Goosebumbs books for older kids/levels.

Edited by Ailaena