Menu

Apparently everyone loves my little library...

Dmmetler

14 hours ago, vonfirmath said:

Poor little bird. what would she do if the door got shut and locked her nest away from her?

She hadn't gotten very far, so I moved her nest materials out so she can find them. Realistically, if she did build there, she'd have kids in her nest regularly-even if I put a do not disturb sign up, they'd probably find a nesting bird as or more interesting than the books!!

We have a lot of trees and shrubs, as well as the overhang on the house and back deck, so I think she'll be able to find a more private that's still protected space. 

• Like 5

A little bird builds in my garden shed every year and I always try to catch it but I missed it this year 😕. I don’t mind her there but I know from experience that if she lays her eggs there a snake will eat the babies. It happens every time and makes me so sad. 

• Sad 1

Aww! She thought she found a beautiful book-filled home for her chicks!

We have an Eastern bluebird who lays eggs in our newspaper box each spring. Fortunately, we don't get a paper delivery, but I always feel badly that she gets disturbed frequently due to mail.

• Like 2