Menu

They are coexisting

Dmmetler

Scooter had been really close to Rascal, and has seemed to miss his friend since Rascal died suddenly a bit over a year ago. We've been considering trying to find a cat to be his friend, and then Neo appeared in the neighbor's garage. So I'm glad to see him warming up to her. They're both super sweet (and neither of our older two like other catsmuch) 

I also love the size difference because Scooter is definitely an XXL model and Neo...isn't. 

Edited by Dmmetler
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, catz said:

This is adorable!

We have littermates right now - 2 sisters.  They are like 7 years old.  They NEVER cuddle - so annoying.  

We have a mother and daughter and they never cuddle either. I agree that it's very annoying. The most that happens between them is that sometimes daughter will run up to mama, lower her head in her face, mama will clean the top of the head and, after a few licks, they start smacking each other and hissing. 🤦‍♀️

This is the cutest picture! I wish any of my cats would do that. Our newest is trying to get the others on board with cuddling but they aren't having it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

We have a mother and daughter and they never cuddle either. I agree that it's very annoying. The most that happens between them is that sometimes daughter will run up to mama, lower her head in her face, mama will clean the top of the head and, after a few licks, they start smacking each other and hissing. 🤦‍♀️

This is the cutest picture! I wish any of my cats would do that. Our newest is trying to get the others on board with cuddling but they aren't having it.

That's Mamba and Anery. Mamba was super affectionate and protective of Anery until Anery was about 5 months old. Then it was like "what? You're still here? Go get a job, you freeloader!"

Mamba considers all other kittens as "yeah, no. I did my time with my kittens, take care of your own". 

Anery and Scooter will lie on the same piece of furniture, but that's it. I think Scooter might welcome cuddling, but Anery is anxious about anyone being too close to her (except L, who she adores, and she'll occasionally approach me when I'm lying down...). 

Neo seems to be fairly comfortable with humans as long as they're not standing up and moving. And, honestly, as tiny as she is, I can understand being afraid of getting stepped on!

• Like 3