Menu

What are your favorite Jim Weiss cd's?

I liked the Egyptian mythology cd. We listened to it in the car. I got so interested in it that, while driving in a heavy snowstorm on the expressway, I went many miles past my exit and had a hard time finding my way home because there was no on-ramp where I got off to turn around.

The kids liked it a lot, too.

RC

I would try Giants! He sings a funny song about how it might be fun to be a giant and my kids love it. Also, Famously Funny is very good.

My favorite is probably Arabian Nights. I also like the Sherlock Holmes.

They're all good. You can't go wrong, imo.

Our favorites:

Galileo and the Stargazers (be forewarned that Archimedes is senselessly murdered-my ds (5 at the time) started crying the first time he listened but still listened over and over)

Tales from the Old Testament

The Queen's Pirate (I only wish my history class had been so enthralling)

Egyptian Treasures (Mummies and Myths)

Susan

ds(7)

We love Jim Weiss' cds here. We have Tall Tales, Good Night, Tell Me a Story, King Arthur, Robinhood/Three Musketeers, The Queen's Pirate, and Treasure Island. My kids listen to them over and over- Robinhood/ Three Musketeers is my 8 year old's favorite, my 6 year old likes them all, and my 4 year old likes Tell Me a Story. For Christmas, they're getting some new ones- Egyptian Treasures, Abe Lincoln, Greek Myths, and Uncle Wiggily's Storybook.

We love Jim Weiss' cds here. We have Tall Tales, Good Night, Tell Me a Story, King Arthur, Robinhood/Three Musketeers, The Queen's Pirate, and Treasure Island. My kids listen to them over and over- Robinhood/ Three Musketeers is my 8 year old's favorite, my 6 year old likes them all, and my 4 year old likes Tell Me a Story. For Christmas, they're getting some new ones- Egyptian Treasures, Abe Lincoln, Greek Myths, and Uncle Wiggily's Storybook.

Dc here don't care for the SOTW series which is annoying. :glare: I was hoping for a break from the read-aloud. I bought them because they loved other Weiss work.

We have listened to and enjoyed Treasure Island, Shakespeare, the history series and most of what you've listed here.

Dc got to meet him at a conference. He was just delightful with the children there. They particularly enjoyed seeing him act things out with his voice.