Menu

Does this sound right to you?

scholastica

Our water company sent a tech to change the meter reading device this morning. When he opened the lid the whole place where the meter is was full of mud. He left leaving a note that we should clean out the mud and then call them so that they can install the new reader. I have never in my life had a utility company want me anywhere near a meter. This meter was replaced in January of 2021 and I think they must have done it incorrectly to have it fill with mud like that. I cannot imagine a utility company wanting me to dig around the meter that way. I’m on hold with them now.

Update: They are coming back Monday to take care of it. Rep was very confused why the tech didn’t know they were responsible for all of it.

Edited by scholastica
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

It's pretty common for water to drain in the recess between the lid and the meter after a hard rain. If you have a good growth of grass around it I don't see how there would be much mud in it, though, unless lots of loose dirt was left after they installed the new meter. 

That’s what I’m thinking. I think the installer left loose dirt in it or did something else improper.

I’m just really confused as to why the tech would suggest we clean it out for them. 

• Like 2