Menu

easiest/cheapest way to sell items online for a fundraiser?

ktgrok

I'm making items to sell as a fundraiser to cover the 1K plus vet bills for a stray Husky with heart worms my yoga instructor is adopting. Poor dog was dumped in the country 😞

Anyway, I'm donating my time, and will charge enough to cover materials plus a "profit" that will go toward the dog's vet bills. Trying to figure out the best way to do this as I'll have a few different items - some shirts in different sizes, can koozies, magnets, and dog bandannas for sure, and probably sticker sheets. In the past, this instructor just had people message him what they wanted, got their address, etc and had them paypal him. But I do worry that will multiple different items things will get confused. Is there a better way without paying so much in fees that it eats up all the profit? I also need to charge shipping, either working it into the price or having them pay actual shipping..or a flat rate for however much they buy. 

I saw there is Rally Up which is free (asks people when they buy if they'd like to donate to help cover platform costs), but not sure how it works. Etsy is obvious, and maybe worth the fees to have it help me deal with printing shipping labels, tracking the "inventory", etc? 

bandanna.jpg

Edited by ktgrok

I don't know about any of that, but do they have a GoFundMe? I've known many people who used that to raise money for heartworm treatment or other sizable vet bills for strays/rescues. Usually, they are pretty successful in raising enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

I don't know about any of that, but do they have a GoFundMe? I've known many people who used that to raise money for heartworm treatment or other sizable vet bills for strays/rescues. Usually, they are pretty successful in raising enough.

He could, but there is a sort of culture/tradition amongst this group of fitness folks to instead sell shirts, etc as fundraisers. They all tend to collect the logos of the other people, etc. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danae said:

I have not set up a sale myself, but I have friends that have.  They recommend it.

thank you! That might be my best bet. Or, looks like Shopify has a $5 a month plan that you can use to sell via social media, so looking at that too. 

10 hours ago, MercyA said:

Our local TNR program uses Facebook to sell their auction items. It kind of bugs me because I'm not on Facebook, but it could be an option. 🙂 

I'm looking at facebook now. I could do a facebook shop - they waived all fees until December. Just have to set up a business page. 

• Like 1