Menu

July Healthy Eating

Selkie

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Thursday-

breakfast-  keto blueberry 🫐 cinnamon nut granola, coconut 🥥 yogurt, bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs 🍳 with mushrooms 🍄 onions 🧅 and mixed 🥬 greens , 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese 🧀 

snack- apple 🍎 with 🧀 , nori 

dinner- hamburger patty, 🍅 tomatoes , salad 🥗 (mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, pecans and balsamic vinaigrette), grilled corn 🌽 on the cob 

hard boiled eggs 🥚 

Such a silly little thing, but your cheerful pictures put a smile on my face. 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thursday

Breakfast--apple before teaching, then eggs and roughly a third of a sweet potato after

Lunch--leftovers: pork tenderloin, asparagus, wild rice with onion and mushroom

Dinner--I had to run an errand late and was sorely tempted to go through a drive-thru on my way home. Held firm. Had a big salad and dh popped some popcorn while we watch a show. Not sure what I think about the popcorn. Often I feel it's a whole-grain, unprocessed snack, so it's on my list of acceptable foods. Yet it's a lot of starchy carbs, too. Yet my dinner on the whole was so light but genuinely satisfying. Round and round we go...

Snack--Chips, yet again. If they are in the house, I will eat them. I found when I tried to substitute salty stirfry stuff that I didn't like the fuss and bother of cooking a snack. I think my next strategy will be to stock up on some whole-grain gf crackers.

• Like 3

I was hungry today… 

breakfast- sprouted cracker with an avocado and sliced tomatoes 

lunch- manchego, walnuts, pistachios, pickles, apples with natural PB and cocoa nibs, strawberries 

dinner- mixed salad with onions and tomatoes, hummus, chicken, roasted veggies- peppers, onions, cauliflower, carrots, squash 

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - Cabbage and daikon microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, banana, guava, mango, plum, nectarine, kiwi, apple, pear, blueberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Same as yesterday: A colander of plain greens (Napa cabbage, arugula, romaine). Sprouted whole grain wrap with chickpea salad (chickpeas, scallions, pickles, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha, garlic, paprika, dill) topped with shaved Brussels sprouts.

Dinner - Also same as yesterday (almost): Tacos with corn tortillas, chickpeas, brown rice, spinach, mushrooms, guacamole, scallions, cilantro, cashew queso, salsa. Steamed carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, summer squash. Strawberries.

• Like 3

Friday-

breakfast-  keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese , chocolate squares 

snack- apple with cheese slices, nori 

dinner- green beans with almonds and shallots, one hamburger patty, forbidden rice mix 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with adzuki beans, kiwi, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, plum, apple, pear, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of plain greens (kale, Napa cabbage, arugula, spinach). Sprouted whole grain wrap with hummus, the last little bit of chickpeas & brown rice from dinner last night, scallions, cilantro, salsa.

Dinner - I made Monkey and Me’s Rustic & Spicy Cauliflower Soup (cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions, spices, veg broth, cashew milk). I added mushrooms and served it over a bed of arugula. Also had a steamed artichoke with shallot vinaigrette dipping sauce and quinoa flatbreads.

For dessert, I’m making vanilla macadamia nice cream.

• Like 3

Saturday-

Breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares 

snack- apple with almond butter, nori 

dinner- tuna, forbidden rice blend, shredded carrots, goat cheese. 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

Saturday- breakfast - three berry mix with flax, chia, hemp and pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and coconut, pecans

lunch- green leaf salad with cucumber, red onion, roasted red pepper, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, garbanzo beans and a mustard red wine vinaigrette. 

dinner out- Brussel sprouts, bruschetta, cheese, baguette, pickles. 

• Like 3

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with vaquero beans, guava, kiwi, plum, nectarine, apple, blueberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of plain greens (Napa cabbage, arugula, spinach, romaine - I like the taste of greens so much now that I prefer them without dressing). Sprouted whole grain wrap with hummus, sriracha, butter beans, carrots, cukes, pickles, kalamata olives, scallions, jalapeños, cilantro.

Dinner - Leftover cauliflower soup served over spinach and with ravioli (mushroom & butternut).

By popular demand, I am making another batch of vanilla macadamia nice cream, sprinkled with cacao nibs.

• Like 2

Sunday-

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

one bag of potato chips in order to keep going until-

lunch at 2 pm-  scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares 

dinner- corn on the cob, hamburger patty, greens with poppyseed dressing 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with cranberry beans, kiwi, blueberries, guava, nectarine, plum, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (arugula, butter lettuce, romaine, Napa cabbage). Sprouted whole grain wrap with cashew mayo, sriracha, kaniwa, butter beans, cukes, carrots, avocado, red bell pepper, cilantro. An apple and a G-BOMBS bar.

Dinner - Black bean burger on a Dave’s Killer Everything bagel with cashew mayo, red onions, pickles, mustard. Steamed baby potatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli.

• Like 3

Monday 

breakfast- chicken sausage, peppers, onions, butter beans, flaxseed. Pistachios, cashews, manchego 

lunch- Caesar salad, steak, broccoli, couple bites of macaroni and cheese, mini slice of bread. Dark chocolate 

dinner- handful of cashews, glass of wine 

• Like 3

Monday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese 

snack- apple with cheese slices, chocolate squares 

dinner-  mango chicken curry, forbidden rice blend, pickled daikon and carrots 

hard boiled eggs 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, plum, nectarine, apple, blueberries, cherries, kiwi, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (butter lettuce, kale, arugula). Black bean burger patty. 1/4 avocado.

Dinner - I threw together soup in the crockpot - yellow split peas, potato, onion, garlic, carrots, green beans, corn, green peas, mushrooms, spinach, spices, cashew cream. Also had a steamed artichoke with shallot vinaigrette dipping sauce, a whole grain English muffin, and strawberries.

• Like 2

Tuesday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese 

snack- apple with cheese slices 

dinner- rotisserie chicken meat, broccoli salad, coleslaw, a dark chocolate truffle 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

breakfast- skipped

lunch- chick fil a salad. Ate about 1/2, cashews 

dinner- made a vegetable soup with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, zucchini, red and orange peppers, broccolini, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and potatoes. Ate one bowl like that, ate one bowl with chicken added. 

• Like 3

Tuesday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with almond milk. Had some cherries after class as well.

Lunch--Mediterranean mashup: 1 chicken thigh, some wild rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, parsley, lemon-tahini sauce.

Snack--leftover tuna salad. Healthy but I think it was too heavy, too much. I also had some dark chocolate, not much.

Dinner--Just guacamole with tortilla chips. Too full from my snack to eat a proper dinner. I guess it all balanced out.

• Like 3

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, apple, plum, nectarine, kiwi, blueberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, hemp, chia, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (really tasty mix of several kinds of lettuce & chards, kale, spinach, mizuna, tatsoi). Black bean burger patty, a sliced red bell pepper, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, and 1/4 avocado.

Dinner - I tried a new recipe, WFPB spinach artichoke dip from Shane & Simple. Super delish. Had carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, and a whole grain English muffin with it.

• Like 1

Wednesday -

breakfast - keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, with mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese.

snack - banana with almond butter

dinner - steak salad (steak slices, romaine lettuce, onions, cheese, dressing, potato wedges, bell peppers)

hard boiled eggs

• Like 2

Breakfast- skipped

lunch- scrambled eggs with potatoes, arugula with chicken, pumpkin seeds and feta, cashews 

dinner- 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and cacao nibs 

after pickleball - wine, cheese and Doritos 

I am so bored with the food I’ve been eating and what I’m supposed to eat, that I’ve just not been eating a lot. Been playing hours of pickleball and I’m hungry. Need to figure some new food choices/ ideas. Only so many salads I want to eat. I know you’re supposed to eat for health, but I’ve always loved eating and enjoyed food.  I’m afraid if I don’t figure this out soon I’ll revert back to my easy/bad choices I was doing before. It seems like a lot of choices, but none of them are appealing right now. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Toocrazy!! said:

Breakfast- skipped

lunch- scrambled eggs with potatoes, arugula with chicken, pumpkin seeds and feta, cashews 

dinner- 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and cacao nibs 

after pickleball - wine, cheese and Doritos 

I am so bored with the food I’ve been eating and what I’m supposed to eat, that I’ve just not been eating a lot. Been playing hours of pickleball and I’m hungry. Need to figure some new food choices/ ideas. Only so many salads I want to eat. I know you’re supposed to eat for health, but I’ve always loved eating and enjoyed food.  I’m afraid if I don’t figure this out soon I’ll revert back to my easy/bad choices I was doing before. It seems like a lot of choices, but none of them are appealing right now. 

I struggle with this as well. I need flavor.

One answer for me has been learning how to cook authentic Indian food and pretty good Mexican food. Sometimes Tex-Mex. The intense herbs are satisfying. I also bought a vegan cookbook and I genuinely like everything I've tried to cook from it. 

The downside is that cooking takes time. The new things I'm trying to learn are not yet intuitive, so it just takes time. So yeah, there are more days than I'd like to admit that I eat something less-than because I want to grab and go.

• Like 2

Thursday

Breakfast--wild rice with blueberries and walnuts, oatmilk, and a dash of maple syrup

Lunch--leftover tacos (ground bison with herbs, onions, cilantro, some hummus to "glue" it together, and some salsa on corn tortillas)

Dinner--Veg stirfry with purple rice, watermelon on the side

Snack--banana, dark chocolate

• Like 3

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Kale, broccoli, and daikon microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, blueberries, apple, nectarine, plum, kiwi, strawberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pecans, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (arugula, romaine, red kale). Bowl with kaniwa, butter beans, scallions, zucchini, summer squash, cherry tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, and topped with a few spoonfuls of leftover artichoke spinach dip.

Dinner - Pizza with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and garlic.

• Like 3

@Harriet Vane yes! I need to try some new recipes for sure. I need flavor too. 

breakfast- three berry mix with flaxseed, chia seed, walnuts and cacao nibs 

lunch- chipotle steak salad with black beans, lettuce, peppers, onions and pico 

dinner- arugula with chicken, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, feta and a red wine vinagrette. Sesame green beans and falafel balls. 

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - A G-BOMBS bar while running errands. Broccoli and daikon microgreens. Muesli with pigeon peas, blueberries, cherries, mango, nectarine, plum, apple, kiwi, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (mustard, arugula, romaine). Leftover artichoke spinach dip with carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, and a whole grain English muffin.

Dinner - Leftover artichoke and garlic pizza and split pea veggie soup. Vanilla macadamia nice cream with cacao nibs.

• Like 2

Friday-

snack- protein smoothie with banana, almond butter 

dinner- 1/3 of my tacos al pastor, 1 scoop of Mukilteo Mudd chocolate ice cream in a gf cone 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Friday 

breakfast- skipped

lunch- chipotle steak salad with greens, beans, peppers, onions, salsa. 

dinner- Caesar salad, steak tips with blue cheese, bruschetta

Today was my best scoring day in my blood sugar ranking. Fasting, walking, low carb. But I’d consider this otherwise one of my least healthiest days for food. Still working on that:) 

• Like 3

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli and daikon microgreens. Muesli with adzuki beans, banana, nectarine, cherrycot, kiwi, guava, blueberries, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries,  walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (lettuces, chards, spinach, kale, tatsoi). Cucumber and tomato sandwich on Ezekiel sesame bread with cashew mayo, sriracha, and red onions. Two mandarins.

Dinner - The last of the pizza left over from this week’s birthday festivities (mushroom, green pepper, onion, tomato).

• Like 3

Crazy days ahead, and crazy days prepping for the crazy days. We've got visitors coming Monday for two weeks. 

Saturday

Breakfast--low sugar granola, banana, oatmilk

Lunch--Grilled chicken thigh with rice, side salad

Snack--Long driving today taking care of wedding details for ds. Succumbed to temptation and had chips and peanut m&ms. 

Dinner--Beef and veg stirfry with purple rice

• Like 3

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, banana, guava, cherrycots, nectarine, blueberries, kiwi, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (mustard, arugula, romaine, raw Brussels sprouts). Cucumber & tomato sandwich on lavash flatbread with scallions, cashew mayo, and sriracha.

Dinner - Steamed artichoke with Greek vinaigrette dipping sauce. Summer rolls (rice paper wrappers, brown rice noodles, avocado, steamed tofu, cucumber, scallions, carrot, bell pepper, shredded red cabbage, butter lettuce) with sesame peanut dipping sauce. Watermelon.

• Like 2

Saturday we traveled all day- so nuts, cheese, pepperoni, potato chips off and on. At the event I had two slices of flatbread. 

Sunday- breakfast- skipped 

lunch- arugula salad with roasted carrots and eggplant, pumpkin seeds and chicken 

dinner- walnuts, cashews, manchego, apple slices with peanut butter, dark chocolate 

• Like 2

Sunday- 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt 

Mid morning snack-  small bag of potato chips 

lunch- chopped salad (Shredded romaine, smoked gouda, roasted turkey, salami, chopped tomato and garbanzo beans with white balsamic vinaigrette and grated parmesan)

dinner- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2