Menu

Now i REALLY want an iPod Touch

As if Atari releasing Centipede to it wasn't enough to push me to the edge - today i find out you can buy and read Kindle books on it!

Gee, i should really quit reading about it since there is no way i'm getting the money for one until Spring at the earliest (and gee, i doubt i'll get one for CHristmas).

The App: http://www.lexcycle.com/

The Store: http://stanza.fictionwise.com/

The Supported formats: http://www.lexcycle.com/supported-formats

I need to go stick my head in the sand again.... maybe Santa will come thru for me?

If you can't buy until spring, you might be lucky. MacWorld is in January and there's always the possibility that Steve will release new versions of the touch there and you might be able to get one with more storage for either the same amount as now or possibly less.

So, if Santa doesn't come through... there's always a bright side. :-)

Val

They just came out with the 2nd generation ones a few months ago, so I don't think there will be new iPods that soon. I am saving up for one, too. I anticipate having enough at Christmas to buy myself one. I can't wait!

Wendi

I actually think we will see a jump to 64gb at MacWorld.Only a few more weeks to find out!!! LOL!!

The hardest part is my iPod is very very precarious right now. The button "broke" (the rubber bump underneath it moved and it didn't work), while fixing it, i broke the stupid hard drive connector port. The first 3 times i tried to put it back together it was a "sad iPod", but i finally got it working. However, since i can't lock the ribbon cable in there - i'm afraid much jostling with it.... and it's toast again.

I can't FIX just that part, i have to replace the whole drive for $99. I'm not excited at all about putting that kind of money into something that is 3 years old you know? It's frustrating....

SOOO, back to dreaming up how make some money! LOL!!

i could get in really comfy positions in bed and read that i couldn't with a real book.

Oh! I hadn't thought of *that*. Well, I now know what is at the top of my Christmas wish list!! Dh has wanted one for months but I told him to get over it, it ain't gonna happen. Then my brother showed me his. And now I learn I can read books on it. Never mind dh, *I* gotta have one.:lol:

Oh! I hadn't thought of *that*. Well, I now know what is at the top of my Christmas wish list!! Dh has wanted one for months but I told him to get over it, it ain't gonna happen. Then my brother showed me his. And now I learn I can read books on it. Never mind dh, *I* gotta have one.:lol:

:lol: Yup, forget da man!

Imagine.... all snug and cozy under the covers, no cold arms out in the air to turn the pages..... :tongue_smilie:

Gee, i'm not helping myself here am i? LOL! Did i mention CENTIPEDE???

You can change the font size. It didn't bother me at all to read them that way. Do you have iTunes? you can see a sample of a book up in the store (wait, and i think at the link on first post too).

Hmph, mine is asking too - but the reality of that homeowners insurance that is due Jan 15th looms. Oh heck, what are the odds of another hurricane or Tornado will blow thru?!?!?!

Here, i snagged a screen shot in iTunes for you!

Picture13.pngPicture15-1.png

Edited by TraceyS/FL
added pics

Oh gosh, and my dh has been asking what I want for Christmas. Now I know!

However, isnt the screen a bit teeny for reading from? Anyone using this?

Ooo, but new gadgets are *always* fun. The screen turns sideways when you hold it that direction so you would be able to get more words per line. I guess you'd have to turn the page often. It wouldn't be my first choice for reading, but it would be great to have around at the Dr. office and places like that.

You can change the font size. It didn't bother me at all to read them that way. Do you have iTunes? you can see a sample of a book up in the store (wait, and i think at the link on first post too).

Hmph, mine is asking too - but the reality of that homeowners insurance that is due Jan 15th looms. Oh heck, what are the odds of another hurricane or Tornado will blow thru?!?!?!

My home insurance is due January 13th. Ugh. Thanks for the reminder.:glare:

:lol:

Ooo, but new gadgets are *always* fun. The screen turns sideways when you hold it that direction so you would be able to get more words per line. I guess you'd have to turn the page often. It wouldn't be my first choice for reading, but it would be great to have around at the Dr. office and places like that.

Peela - i'm not using it now obviously, but i ahve read 6-7 full length novels on my old Sony Clie. It didn't bother me at all - the page changing was easy and natural. The screen on the Touch is wayyyyyy better than what i was reading on, and you can change your background and stuff.

The Kindle is on a 3-4 month backorder right now (and are they selling them outside of the US yet?). So you will be waiting and waiting.... :tongue_smilie: (i have no patience)

But the other stuff on the Touch that maybe would let me go back to a smaller phone and carrying 2 devices for my brain is also appealing (which means a cheaper monthly service over my Palm Treo right now). There are 10,000 applications for the iPhone/Touch right now!

Here, i snagged a screen shot in iTunes for you!

Picture13.pngPicture15-1.png

Tracey, can you turn the Touch sideways and read it in a horizontal position too in the book feature too?

Tracey, can you turn the Touch sideways and read it in a horizontal position too in the book feature too?

Yup, just saw it mentioned in the movie :D

http://www.lexcycle.com/movie

There is another reader (probably many) - eReader i think, but i haven't looked at that one really. Stanza was mentioned in a "best apps" thread i was reading!

**Link are iTunes Store links, if you don't have iTunes - they won't work!**

Bird Field Guide?? (with a plus version with more birds!)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297644123&mt=8

Butterflies - my kids would LOVE this one!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=296394541&mt=8

Man..... come on Santa! LOL!!