Menu

Government and Economics

Please help!  I need a dynamic government and economics course for a child who wants to be done with school NOW, but has another year to go.  I don't want a live course, but video is fine.    He is finally open to going to college so I don't want to burn him out next year.  He will only have one challenging course and I'd like to keep it that way. This is the last thing I need to figure out for him. 

Edited by RubyPenn
  • Like 1

https://www.econ4life.com/     Our teens found this economics course highly relatable, sparking a lot of really interesting discussions (especially when posed to a very diverse audience), and not "bookishly" difficult (aka no busy work, streamlined). It does assume Christian values, so that may or may not be a factor for you (nothing weird or fringe-ish, though). John Stossel stuff.

• Like 2

Also, you might check out PAGE 5 of the big thread "High School Motherlode #2" pinned at the top of the high school board -- it lists links to past threads on a number of the subject areas. Here are a few listed for Gov't and Econ that might get you started in your research:

Secular and quick/easy: US Government? Same for Economics?
Government and Economics - not rigorous
Which high school government course do you recommend (why? pros/cons?)
Looking for ideas for documentaries and movies for government class 
Introductory Economics text for high school? (for a student NOT interested in economics)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

https://www.econ4life.com/     Our teens found this economics course highly relatable, sparking a lot of really interesting discussions (especially when posed to a very diverse audience), and not "bookishly" difficult (aka no busy work, streamlined). It does assume Christian values, so that may or may not be a factor for you (nothing weird or fringe-ish, though). John Stossel stuff.

Christian values are good for us and I've always liked John Stossel.  I'll take a look. Thanks!