Menu

School Code for AP exams?

Hello All,

Which school code do your kids use on AP exams? My kid is taking his second exam for this year this morning. When he took the first one he filled in the school code of the local school where he was taking it. Do you use the school code 970000?

Thanks!

The CB - with no announcement! - has changed it this year!

It should be on the student's exam when they get there. But in case it's not, the code is now by state. I'm sure lots of students are putting in the wrong codes (the 970000 code specifically) because it's still all over the CB's crappy website).

image.thumb.png.db644290787d6a6c32917b4c78421dab.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My kids put the school code by accident on their first exam this year (because they were just following the instructions the proctor gave and didn't realize there was a different code) and the right one for their second exams. I don't THINK it will make a difference except that the scores from that first exam will get bundled with the school's scores (so hope they did okay!). My husband is an AP calc teacher and he's had random scores from non-students show up with his scores in the past, so I gather it happens pretty frequently. 

• Like 1

I had completely forgotten about this but I just asked DS and he said that the school code was printed on his page of stickers.  It was the same for both exams (which he took at different schools) and was 990399, as in Farrar's post above.   So I guess both schools had him registered correctly -- hooray!

• Like 3

Yeah, I found out about this because I told my kid the 970000 code before he went in. And then when he came out, he was like, nope, it's 990999 and they had it on my exam already. And I was like, wut? No no. As the kids would say, no shot. But then his AP class teacher sent the kids a document clearly from the CB that I took the screenshot above from. And I was like, when did THAT happen? And looked it up. I can't find it on the CB's site. I can only find the old code. And I literally just registered my other kid for the June SAT with the 970000 code. So. Meh. Whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyD said:

I had completely forgotten about this but I just asked DS and he said that the school code was printed on his page of stickers.  It was the same for both exams (which he took at different schools) and was 990399, as in Farrar's post above.   So I guess both schools had him registered correctly -- hooray!

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

Yeah, I found out about this because I told my kid the 970000 code before he went in. And then when he came out, he was like, nope, it's 990999 and they had it on my exam already.

The data, including the school code, on the stickers are taken from the student’s College Board account. My kids “school” is homeschool and their state is California so it appears as 990598 - California Home School.

If the school code is not already preprinted on the stickers. It is probably on College Board. The test site doesn’t affect the data on the stickers.

ETA: I copied the code off my kid’s last year AP score report so the code might have changed for this year. Still, the sticker would show the correct info.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2