Menu

Multi focal contact lenses?

mmasc

AND toric for astigmatism—anyone wear these successfully??

If so, what brand? 

Did you find that sweet spot of the lenses being comfortable AND you could see up close without readers AND your distance wasn’t fuzzy/compromised?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mmasc said:

AND toric for astigmatism—anyone wear these successfully??

If so, what brand? 

Did you find that sweet spot of the lenses being comfortable AND you could see up close without readers AND your distance wasn’t fuzzy/compromised?

Oh. Following along.

I am in the lovely spot of wearing contacts with reading glasses on top for up close vision. Or wearing every day glasses without contacts, and removing those for up close work. Add in that I also have prism glasses to wear on top of the contacts for driving, etc, and I’m just about over juggling all the pairs! Aaagh.

• Like 1

Following.  Have been trialing a few different contacts over the last couple of months, multifocal with astigmatism, and so far it hasn't worked out.   I feel I could be doing better but I'm dismayed by the lack of help after my first appointment and paying good $$$.  Debating trying another office.    Other than a quick look at my phone, my dashboard, I am no where close enough to be comfortable reading anything over a couple of minutes.  

• Like 2

@zimom oh no! I’m so sorry you haven’t had any luck yet. It’s so discouraging, isn’t it? FWIW, my doctor has me trying a pair for a week, coming back in to see him for possible adjustments, new pair for a week, seeing him again...rinse and repeat. It’s frustrating, but I at least feel like he’s trying to get me with a good fit. All of that is included with the price I paid for my first visit to get my eyes checked and fitted for contacts. None of my trial contacts or visits have been additional. 

@Spryte yep! I hear ya. I’ve always worn glasses just for driving, watching tv, etc. But as soon as I had to start lifting them up to read or look at my phone, it got annoying real quick. Fast forward 2 years, and now I need to lift them up AND use readers if I want to see really fine print. I am so over it. Therefore, I’m playing this seemingly never-ending contacts game...

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShepCarlin said:

Tried countless times. Just couldn't get the right fit. Surrendered and now wearing glasses with progressive lenses full time. On the plus side, my eyes feel so much better without the irritation of contacts. 

What do you use for sunglasses?