Menu

Graduation for my current senior

DawnM

Yikes!  If I had needed to order a full cap and gown and tassel it would have been $281 plus tax!

I don't remember what I paid in 2018 but I am glad we at least still have the cap and gown from my older son's graduation from the same school.

I ordered the tassel and it was almost $50.

Good grief!

When I was in high school, the school owned the caps and gowns and only ordered the tassels.   We borrowed them and returned them.

4 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Yikes!  If I had needed to order a full cap and gown and tassel it would have been $281 plus tax!

I don't remember what I paid in 2018 but I am glad we at least still have the cap and gown from my older son's graduation from the same school.

I ordered the tassel and it was almost $50.

Good grief!

When I was in high school, the school owned the caps and gowns and only ordered the tassels.   We borrowed them and returned them.

Holy cow! That is crazy!

We just ordered dd's college one. $75 total for cap, gown, tassel, and honors cord.

2 hours ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

It’s such a racket.  When my son graduated, the school had loaner gowns, but asked if he wanted a medal for some or other achievement and then promptly sent me a link to pay $35 for the privilege. 

Oh shoot, you know, that may have been why it was so high.....they said tassel and medallion, and I thought it was all one thing.....the medallion may be the high achievement award or some such thing.   He has above a 4.0.