Menu

Just curious if this would bother you or are we wrong?

itsheresomewhere

59 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

My sister is now a professional dancer but I remember one of her studios as a teenager was like this.  The teachers were all extremely petite, stick thin women, and while we never thought they were deliberately excluding people, it was like they forgot people above a size 4 exist.

it’s a rant for another day, but I went from a size 14/16 in 2020 to a size 2 right now.  I am shocked by the difference in the way people, especially, strangers, treat me.  I was always skinny until fertility treatments and never noticed, to be honest, but thin privilege is really a thing.  I really worry about the world my daughter is growing up in.

I'm the opposite. Used to be thinner and now....not....LOL! But the difference in how I'm treated now is incredibly different to how I was treated then. It's shocking and definitely a thing.

OP, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. You're not wrong and it's a hill I'd be willing to die on. 

• Like 1

Yeah, no. Dd danced forever it seems. Costumes must come in everyone’s size. Sometimes they did non matching costumes on purpose- but NOT segregated by size. Absolutely not.

You either pick something everyone can wear or if shortages are  an issue… go with “make your own” costumes- everyone wears something similar (own black leotard with flannel shirt or black leggings with own tank top, etc)- you don’t order costumes that don’t come in everyone sizes.. geez.

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 1