Menu

My hysterectomy is scheduled! UPDATED 3/31

MEmama

22 minutes ago, Brittany1116 said:

I'm glad it was smooth and you feel so much better. Do you think you overdid it in week 3 and that's why you had to slow down? I'm interested in the YouTube channel you are following. 🙂

I am much more optimistic about my own in a few weeks. I think about what it will be like to not literally drained 100 or more days a year. Hopeful I can keep my ovaries!

Congratulations on making the decision! I’m happy to answer any questions or to be a sounding board. 🙂 

I actually don’t think I overdid it—every day I was feeling stronger and walking felt terrific. It’s not unusual for weeks 3-5 to be tough, partially because most people are naturally starting to do more (even little things you might not notice, but they add up) and partially because different types of healing are taking place. I’ve been super mindful about listening to my body and stopping before I get tired, though setbacks are inevitable. At the beginning of this week I made a stupid mistake and I’m just now starting to feel mostly recovered from it.

This is the yoga video series I’m using. It’s very gentle, definitely safe after any abdominal surgery. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Piggybacking on your post...

I posted a bit in another thread but I had mine Fri morning and went home that afternoon. Laproscopic robot assist total, kept ovaries, and some bladder examination with dye and a scope? I can't recall. I took a while to come off O2. I had a terrible time coming out of anesthesia, and I remember a lot of what happened once I got to recovery. Felt like I was on fire, searing pains, retching, suction, fighting, etc. It took several different meds to get my pain under control and relax me. I was not a "felt great and never took a pain pill" case. I had heavy duty drugs for 2.5 days and needed it all. Now on Tylenol and Advil and still feel like I have a knife in my navel and I move delicately to avoid it jostling. I can walk fine, use the bathroom, not a drop of blood so far. But transitioning up and down SUUUUCKS. Wearing a belly binder, doing ice and heat, etc. Post op appt tmrw. We have great people who have brought tons of food so I don't even have to think about what to eat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

@Brittany1116 Thanks for updating. I’m sorry to hear your first few days have been so difficult! 😞

I hope you have a helpful post op appointment. As for getting up and down, yeah it’s rough, just try to breathe through it and remember that every time you transition you are getting stronger and rebuilding your ab muscles. It takes time, but I promise in a couple weeks you won’t even remember how hard the first days are.

Sending you lots of healing energy. I hope you’ll continue to check in and update as you can.

• Like 2

@Brittany1116 — I’m so sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time of it! I hope you start feeling a lot better very soon, and if you don’t, be sure to call the doctor and make sure that everything you’re feeling is normal. It probably is, but it never hurts to check.

Sending lots of healing hugs and prayers your way!

• Like 2