Menu

Interspecies relations . . . .

gardenmom5

I've been dog sitting while 1dd has work done on her house.  

One of the dogs came up to me, and was quite urgent about getting my attention.  I was surprised, as he'd been out less than an hour before. But - I got up and went to the kitchen to let him out.

THIS is what I saw . . . . 

The dogs wanted it . . . . . .

20211017_201820.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you after interspecies stories? 

My elderly neighbour fed wild birds. He did for years. 

He had a stroke, was on the floor for at least 12 hours before being found by another neighbour. An ambulance was called. It was determined that he was fully paralysed and dying. He was loaded into the ambulance, all the doors on the ambulance were opened. A big flock of mixed bird types did a flight of honour right through the back of the ambulance and out through the front door. 

We all can only assume they were saying goodbye 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Are you after interspecies stories

He had a stroke, was on the floor for at least 12 hours before being found by another neighbour. An ambulance was called. It was determined that he was fully paralysed and dying. He was loaded into the ambulance, all the doors on the ambulance were opened. A big flock of mixed bird types did a flight of honour right through the back of the ambulance and out through the front door. 

No - I was just sharing the "interspecies" relations between the cat and the dogs.

But that is a very cool story!

7 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Are you after interspecies stories? 

I can easily see that. Australia has a lot of very intelligent bird species. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I've been dog sitting while 1dd has work done on her house.  

One of the dogs came up to me, and was quite urgent about getting my attention.  I was surprised, as he'd been out less than an hour before. But - I got up and went to the kitchen to let him out.

THIS is what I saw . . . . 

The dogs wanted it . . . . . .

20211017_201820.jpg

Is he yours, or did you somehow end up with a random Siamese? 

3 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

Is he yours, or did you somehow end up with a random Siamese? 

The cat is ours. I broke down and finally bought dudeling a cat, because cat are "supposed to help kids on the spectrum."  and I was getting desperate. I'm allergic to cats.  I feed him and let him out, so he comes to me when he wants something . . . . . but he will sit on dudeling's lap. He'll follow me around when I'm working in the yard.

It's just funny to watch the dogs with the cat  He will actually follow the dogs around. and wrestle the younger one - the older one "broke up a (play) fight" between the two of them.  It was funny.   I'm actually glad they're having two weeks together.

• Like 3