Menu

Favorite middle school audio? That you enjoy too?

madteaparty

I have about three hours of daily driving coming up with DD. The audiobooks I enjoyed with her brother (eg: Series of Unfortunate Events narrated by Tim Curry) don’t seem to stick for her, though I will try again.  I’m also looking at some podcasts, some of the popular science ones on BBC sounds might work. The kiddie science podcasts in the US I cannot stand at all. We did enjoy Circle Round but have outgrown it sadly. 
im asking what your favorite ones are that your kids also liked, I guess 🤣 the narrator matters a lot for me, I sometimes pick audio books based on narrator only. Thank you!

We are really picky about our narrators.  The only one that captivated all of us on a long trip was the Angel series, about a girl with wings, iirc.  Second, possibly, was Eragon.

Ds 11 is enjoying the History That Doesn't Suck podcasts.  We started at the beginning and have been working our way slowly through.

41 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

We are really picky about our narrators.  The only one that captivated all of us on a long trip was the Angel series, about a girl with wings, iirc.  Second, possibly, was Eragon.

Ds 11 is enjoying the History That Doesn't Suck podcasts.  We started at the beginning and have been working our way slowly through.

Ooh. Thanks for that history podcast rec especially . Will check it out 

My girls and I have been listening to The Warsaw Orphan. It is an excellent book. I did have to skip most of a chpt bc of a rape scene (you can tell when it ys about to happen....the Russuan soldiers have invaded Poland.)  We are about 90% of the way through the book. Some big thoughts in the story, but all based on true historical events. My 11 yo asks to listen to it every time we climb in the car.

Another great book is The Night Divided. So is Number of the Stars.

If you want pure fiction, I didnt mind listening to The Green Ember series, The Christmas Doll, and The Emerald Atlas.

• Thanks 1

We are picky with narrators and I have 5 kids 4-16 all of my kids (except the 4 year-old) enjoyed the False Prince trilogy by Jennifer Neilson. however it is a longer book and you'll likely wnat to listen to the others when you finish it though the first was definitely our favorite. https://www.scribd.com/audiobook/237877063/The-False-Prince

Edited by seemesew
  • Thanks 1