Menu

Amazon Prime - is it worth it?

Emba

Just got this notice from Amazon:

"Starting October 25, 2021, delivery orders from Whole Foods Market in your area will include a $9.95 service fee. This service fee helps to cover operating costs so we can continue to offer the same competitive everyday prices in-store and online at Whole Foods Market."

Paying a $10 "service fee," on top of a generous tip and higher prices overall, makes Whole Foods delivery no longer worth it to me. The part about how they need to do this so they can keep their prices low is a joke.  Prime is still worth it to me overall, but I'm bummed about losing this perk. And I'm extra bummed because DS was finally starting to eat healthier foods instead of living on frozen pizza and mac & cheese, and he has been relying on WF delivery since he doesn't have a car there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Just got this notice from Amazon:

"Starting October 25, 2021, delivery orders from Whole Foods Market in your area will include a $9.95 service fee. This service fee helps to cover operating costs so we can continue to offer the same competitive everyday prices in-store and online at Whole Foods Market."

Paying a $10 "service fee," on top of a generous tip and higher prices overall, makes Whole Foods delivery no longer worth it to me. The part about how they need to do this so they can keep their prices low is a joke.  Prime is still worth it to me overall, but I'm bummed about losing this perk. And I'm extra bummed because DS was finally starting to eat healthier foods instead of living on frozen pizza and mac & cheese, and he has been relying on WF delivery since he doesn't have a car there.

Ugh, that's lousy. I don't shop much at WF and have never used their delivery. Still, it's lousy when a benefit goes away. Extra bad when it's a true benefit, as for your son. 

But I'd stay tuned on this. If there is enough pushback they may rescind it, or lower the fee, or place a minimum order for free. 

We have Amazon Prime and basically use it daily.   

I order things for my classes from there because prices are cheaper than locally for most items. 

We do use Prime Video.  Ds and I are watching Psych, I'm watching Burn Notice, dh watches random bad movies and new tv shows.  

We use Prime Music sometimes.

We have a lot of household basics on Subscribe & Save.  

We first got Prime when older dd was in college and she got a student account.

• Like 1