Menu

How well have your Happy Masks held up.?

Lady Florida.

If you wear your Happy Masks regularly are they still in good shape? I wash mine very carefully and use a soft toothbrush to get makeup off as recommended. I've had them for almost a year (was using disposable before). My favorite one, a neutral color I use most often, is showing signs of wear. The metal nose clamp is starting to poke out of the material on the outside and the ear elastics are getting stretched out. I haven't contacted the company yet. I wanted to find out first if anyone else is experiencing this or if maybe I'm just too hard on my masks. 

Depending on how often you wash/wear it I'd say that's a good lifespan. Happy Masks' FAQs say that on average one of their masks should last about 250 hours of wear and that the filter should maintain efficacy for at least 50 washes. Which . . unless you have quite a few you rotate through I'd expect to be getting to the end of that at a year. I've only had mine for a couple of months and it still seems brand new, but I don't wear makeup so never use anything scrubby on it, just soaking and gently swishing in dish soap. I don't go out a lot, but I'll be satisfied if I get a year's use out of it.

• Like 4

We only wear Happy Masks and Enro. Nearly all of them are holding up really well. My 8yo has a habit of licking, sucking, and chewing on things, so I have had to replace 1-2 of his.

I feel like the masks do still make a good seal. I try to wash weekly (or sooner if necessary). Teacher Husband and 12yo wear theirs everyday at school for about 7 hours. 

ETA: fix typos

Edited by ericathemom
  • Like 1

250 hours / 8 hours of wear (what my kids would be wearing them for at school) = 31.25 days of wear....or like a month and a half of school.

I think you may have just hit the natural end of lifespan of the mask if you've been using them for a year.

I made really high quality cloth masks in March 2020 and cared for them well, and they were all dealing with issues by the one year point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

Depending on how often you wash/wear it I'd say that's a good lifespan. Happy Masks' FAQs say that on average one of their masks should last about 250 hours of wear and that the filter should maintain efficacy for at least 50 washes. Which . . unless you have quite a few you rotate through I'd expect to be getting to the end of that at a year. 

I do have 3 that I rotate but I wear this one the most. It's dark blue and goes with just about anything I wear.

51 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

You may have just hit lifespan.  I thought they recommended them for like 50 washes/250 hours? 

42 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

250 hours / 8 hours of wear (what my kids would be wearing them for at school) = 31.25 days of wear....or like a month and a half of school.

I think you may have just hit the natural end of lifespan of the mask if you've been using them for a year.

Thanks everyone. It looks like I just hit the end of this mask's life. My other ones that I don't wear as often are fine. I'm sure we were all expecting/hoping not to still be wearing masks at this point, but it doesn't look like that will end anytime soon (at least not the way thngs are going in Florida). I'm going to order one more that way I'll still have three. 

• Like 4