Menu

Streamlining: New and Better Ways of Doing Things

stripe

I love all of these ideas.  I used to be so organized both when I was working full time before I had my son and also after I had him and became a SAHM.  I have been back to work full time for almost a year and I am just now sort of getting it together.  I realize too that I do not have the energy I once did.  

• Like 1

Sunday morning I got up early and made menus for the coming week and put in an order for grocery pick up for noon.  So we were able to cook last night.  I also made a list of chores that need to be accomplished every day/week and made note of the ones that I know are better suited for me....and I showed the list to dh and he check off a couple he will do.  So now we need to sit down with ds hopefully this evening and divide up the rest of the list.

I also made a list of things that need to be done roughly every month.  We need to talk about those too.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:40 PM, 2squared said:

The best one....we bought our house a few blocks from the local public and parochial schools so my kids can get themselves to school and extracurriculars on their own. They are limited to extracurriculars offered at the school, with the exception of camps, out of town competitions, etc. 

This is actually a huge simplification with five kids in an 8 year span, and we are still extremely active and competitive in our extracurriculars. 

We did this too and it was helpful for awhile and then we became homeschoolers and it didn't matter much. DS was homeschooled, but he did a sport at the high school this year and being close was still helpful.