Menu

Job search follow up

Emba

I haven’t done this stuff in so long and i never had a heart handle on the etiquette.  I’m looking for a part-time job, and I was supposed to have an interview yesterday morning. Sunday night , very late! the lady texted me that she had forgotten about a doctors appointment and would call me the next day ( which was yesterday) to reschedule.

would it be rude for me to text back today and ask when she would like to reschedule for? I would call, but when I talked to her on the phone before, she seemed quite busy and I feel like a text would be less of an interruption, because it can be answered when convenient.

I would text again, in case she didn't see your reply, expressing your interest in rescheduling the interview, since she had said she'd contact you Monday and didn't. Since she texted, she seems to have indicated that's an OK way to communicate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I just went ahead and texted her. I’ve had a couple of other job leads end up not planning out this morning, so I feel like I just want to get it over with, one way or another.