Menu

Why do I buy my children toys for Christmas...

When my dd was a baby, she once entertained herself for an hour with a sippy cup of water and a lemon. She was a also a big fan of my waist pack, with all its zippers, velcro, buckles, etc. And when she was about 3, one of the best gifts she ever got was a plastic storage bin full of office supplies! :tongue_smilie:

Which is the OTHER reason we aren't buying a lot of toys.... well, the fact that they won't pick up what they have. Why add to the piles they leave laying around?

The best gift I gave to my children was to go through and get rid of about 1/3 and organize the rest. They don't play if there are too many scattered about. They were not playing at all, and now they are.:)

The best gift I gave to my children was to go through and get rid of about 1/3 and organize the rest. They don't play if there are too many scattered about. They were not playing at all, and now they are.:)

I'm working on the scare tactic of "you don't want me in there" at the moment.... but i'm going to have to go in. Again. I just haven't had the day to devote to it. Maybe today - they are sick and going to whine no matter what! LOL!!

I snuck them away while they were sleeping. We put a huge box in the garage and I just pitched them in one at a time so they wouldn't see a pile of unwanted stuff when they woke up. It took me about 3 days. I keep a box in the garage for this purpose all the time. It makes it easy to pitch in one thing at a time until it is full instead of feeling like I have to wait until I have the time to devote to it.