Menu

Blender suggestions?

WildflowerMom

I did a lot of research a couple of years ago and really could not come up with an option for smooth results of those types of times that was not pricey.  I ended up going with a lower-end Vitamix and it is wonderful--works well, is easy to use, and is easy to clean.  Besides a hand, stick blender for some items, I have found a lower end blender not to really be worth having.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

I did a lot of research a couple of years ago and really could not come up with an option for smooth results of those types of times that was not pricey.  I ended up going with a lower-end Vitamix and it is wonderful--works well, is easy to use, and is easy to clean.  Besides a hand, stick blender for some items, I have found a lower end blender not to really be worth having.  

Thank you!  That's really helpful!    That's good to know that the lower-end vitamix's work well.  That's probably the way to go.  

Blendtec or Vitamix are the only blenders worth having IMO.  I have had my Blentec for 7 years and it is going strong.  Both are pricey but will last forever.  Costco will sometimes run specials on them, or you can find a refurbished one on their site(s) if you want to save a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Plateau Mama said:

Blendtec or Vitamix are the only blenders worth having IMO.  I have had my Blentec for 7 years and it is going strong.  Both are pricey but will last forever.  Costco will sometimes run specials on them, or you can find a refurbished one on their site(s) if you want to save a little bit.

Agree. I have a child who is fed exclusively by feeding tube and several years ago, Blendtec donated a refurb model to us to blend his food. It’s amazing, it changed my son’s life for the better, and I will always be loyal to them for their kindness. 

Edited by Gobblygook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had my Blendtec for years. I bought ds a Nutribullet for college. Honestly, the Nutribullet was fine for that purpose and, for the price, served ds well. However, it doesn’t compare to the Blendtec. By the time you buy and replace several cheap blenders over several years, you’re just as well off to buy a Blendtec or Vitamix. And you have a much better blender. 

I had problems with the gasket on two blender jars, and Blendtec sent a replacement twice, no questions asked. This was a couple years apart. On the second one, they told me they had fixed the issue with the gasket. I haven’t had any problem with the new jar, and I’ve had that one for at least 3 years or more. It’s the Speed Queen of blenders. 

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Thanks 1