Menu

Daily Movement - Friday, April 16

purpleowl

I did manage to do a bit of catching up yesterday for the day when I didn't log a second walk. I also have my very first-since-the-world-shut-down, in-person walking event tomorrow (fund-raiser for a local women's shelter) and am scheduled for the runDisney virtual Rival Run 5K sometime this weekend. I'm also running out of time to complete the 8K Spring Break bonus badge for my daily walking challenge.  So my feet will be busy for the next few days. 

I walked just short of 4.5K this morning and did a full set of leg/arm exercises. I need to drive downtown to collect my packet for tomorrow's event right after work, but I will figure out how to work in a second walk and/or some time on the stationary bike this evening.

Spring Start Status Update: 277.3 of 500K

• Like 5

I got started back on my rower last week, but on Tuesday rather than Monday. On Thursday and Friday, I was able to get back up to 5K. This week, I did 5K every weekday, so I am quite proud of myself. I've been shortening the time a little most days, and do some stretching before and after. Yesterday, however, I didn't feel too great later in the day, after exercising before breakfast (and due to some other circumstances didn't eat until later) and a bit harder than I had been. I wasn't sure I'd be up to it again today, but really wanted to take the weekend off. So I decided I'd just take my time and get it in more slowly. I really only slowed down about a minute, but I wasn't obligated to do that, lol.

• Like 5

Another great workout today.  Legs, arms and core.  I am really liking going to the gym early as it is dead. 

I entered a few more virtual running series.  Rundisney summer series and a May the Force be with you.  That brings my total enter this year to 10 and 5 completed.  These make me really get moving for some reason and I need to enter a few more .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Rundisney summer series and a May the Force be with you.  That brings my total enter this year to 10 and 5 completed.  These make me really get moving for some reason and I need to enter a few more .

Thank you for mentioning the summer series. I checked the runDisney site just a week ago and didn't see the summer series available. I'm so glad you reminded me in time for me to get registered, too!

I enjoy the challenges and virtual races, also, although I tend to get a little carried away. 

I'm walking an in-person fund-raiser tomorrow morning and also need to do the runDisney Star Wars Rival Run 5K sometime this weekend. I'm supposed to complete an 8K bonus walk for the Spring Start sometime before 4/20, and I have another virtual 5K next weekend that my daughter gifted me for Christmas. (We're supposed to walk it "together," although she's in Brooklyn and I'm here in Orlando.)

After that, I get a break until early June, when I have another in-person walk -- my first official, in-person 5K.

I'm thinking I might need to build myself another medal rack after we move.

• Like 1