Menu

FEMA Funeral Assistance

dsmith

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here, but if your family has had the great misfortune of losing someone to Covid-19 and it is listed on the death certificate, you may be eligible for assistance. Based on the FAQ I believe my mother-in-law qualifies, so we will be calling today - hopefully we'll get through. This is going to be such a help for her financially. 

https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance/faq

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, dsmith said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here, but if your family has had the great misfortune of losing someone to Covid-19 and it is listed on the death certificate, you may be eligible for assistance. Based on the FAQ I believe my mother-in-law qualifies, so we will be calling today - hopefully we'll get through. This is going to be such a help for her financially. 

https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance/faq

I don't know much about this, but I know there is also rent assistance in some areas. The county next to mine is offering it, and in their case, I believe you contact the local United Way, but I think it's a government program. 

Giving this a bump in case anyone could use this info. Dh is on the phone now with them, after trying for a few days. My mother-in-law had to get on the phone first and give permission for dh to speak for her - she could never figure this out on her own. I think we then upload or fax receipts. It's possible she may get up to $9000 back. If life insurance covered funeral costs, not burial insurance, you are still eligible for assistance. 

• Like 3